Him

Ivy''s P.O.V

Why?          I would ask myself

Why?

I would ask myself...

What did I do?

I would also ask.

Both of these questions I would replay over again in my mind hoping to get an answer. It wasn't like I was in a relationship with him but it felt like one. Part of me was angry, then it turned sadness , then self pity. Calum thankfully saved the day for me cheering me up once in a while. I was thankful for that. I just didn't understand why I was so beat up over this. He was just stressed out about something either he can't tell me or he doesn't want to tell me.

" here's some broccoli cheddar soup." He handed me a bowl

" thank you your always so kind." I smiled

" it's no big deal I used to make it with my mom all of the time."

" your mom ? What is she like?"

" she was the kind of woman that would do anything for anybody she loved."

" she always taught me to treat people with respect no matter how much you don't like them because they might have it worse than you do."

"At the time I thought she was talking gibberish but ever since I've learned as an adult to treat people with kindness and respect even if I don't like them."

" so you don't like me but still show me respect and kindness?" I asked

"No! I like you I was just telling you what Learned from her that changed my perception of people."

" maybe I need to start doing that."

" do what?"

" show more respect for people I don't like because at the end of the day it's meaningless to hold a grudge on someone who you barley know I like the feeling of moving on to something fresh and new like I experienced yesterday with Michael."

" that's why you forgave him so quickly."

" yes, I realized out of my anger and sadness to just appreciate what I have now in life and move on to a new chapter in my life."

" I would get so restless thinking about my families killer and just my family in general."

" I would think all of the time if my family would realize that I didn't do it and to prove them that I would find him now I did and it just didn't feel the same maybe I was so caught up in my new life I forgot about my past one."