Everything Changes

Sofia had been staring at me for a good ten minutes

Sofia had been staring at me for a good ten minutes. I had given up and started watching TV.

"You told him, it was some random dude's baby." She pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Yes." Okay, she was ready to talk now.

"Alysa, I love you, but you have lost your goddamned mind. What girl gets knocked up by Chris Evans and lies about it?! You're not doing this for him, to let him have a 'normal life'. You're doing this because you fucking know he would want to be a family. You're so scared of admitting that you-"

"Don't say it!"

"Love him, love him, love him!" She actually chanted it at me. "You think he couldn't handle your crazy?! Bitch, he's been doing it since middle school. In fact, of all the men on the planet, Chris is the only one who could handle your crazy."

"Right now I'm feeling for Henry and the crazy he puts up with." I muttered, pulling my legs up under me.

"I am Chris' friend too, maybe I feel he has the right to know about this. Scar would agree with me." Sofia sat back into the couch.

"Sofia, uteruses before duderuses." My eyes widened, she wouldn't dare.

"Then you look me in the eye and tell me you don't feel like Chris is at the center of your world. You don't think about him every day, you don't miss him, and you aren't jealous of Natalie. I'll leave you alone, but remember, I am a human lie detector. If you lie-" She showed me her phone, it was on Chris' contact information. "I let the him know his part in all this."

"Son of a fucking whore, Sofia, of course he is the center of my world! I think of him day and night. My pregnancy sex dreams, which are a common thing I guess, all star him! Even the group ones! It's like him and all his characters he ever played! Remind me to tell you about that one. And Natalie, I can't tell if I hate her because she's with him, because of the hormones, or because she's terrible. I am so confused right now. I didn't want to be with Chris before, but I did. I always thought he would come back to me. It was selfish and stupid and I don't deserve him. So there...fix it now, Sof. Unmake all the bad decisions I have made." I was right in her face and I was bawling again, fuck, fuck fuck! She wrapped her arms around me and patted my back.

"There, feel better?" I pulled back and gaped at her. Was she serious? I had just emoted things I had repressed for 15 years, did I feel better?

"Actually, yeah I kinda do. I still feel like I'm hurtling into an abyss from which there is no return, but I have made peace with it." I leaned back and Sofia patted my cheek.

"So what are you going to wear on Saturday to my anniversary party?" She smiled pleasantly.

"Really? We've moved on? Okay, um, you mean the New Year's party?" I shook my head to clear it. I put one hand on my bump, tapping my fingers as I thought.