Truth or Dare

After ringing in the New Year we went back to the usual

After ringing in the New Year we went back to the usual. Mid January we packed up and moved into the L.A. house for my shoot of 'The 12 Dancing Princesses'. Aur was 6 months old and starting to babble. She helped me run lines. Chris liked being Mr. Mom. He and Aur didn't go out much, we were still trying to come up with a way to announce everything. I was still stressed about the pressure of the movie and Chris told me to let him handle it.

"You only have a few more weeks of shooting. Just concentrate on that." Chris wrapped his arms around my waist and carried me towards the door. My car was waiting and I was stalling.

"But, what are you going to do? Don't show her face, or the house, or-"

"Babe, I'm the one who has issues with my personal life in public. I'll think of something." He set me down and tucked a hair behind my ear. "Kiss me and go to work."

"The chivalry has gone downhill since I gave it up." I narrowed my eyes at him and pressed a kiss to his lips before leaving.

I'll give him credit, he came up with an interesting idea for revealing Aur and our relationship in one shot. No muss, no fuss. My assistant came up to me with my phone while I was getting my make-up touched up.

"Lys, you need to see this." She was smiling widely. I took my phone and looked at it.

"Oh shit." I breathed. Chris had tweeted a picture of Aur and Dodger laying side by side on the floor. They were both on their stomachs in identical poses of arms and legs splayed out on a blanket. Aur's face was turned away from the camera, so was Dodger's. They were both facing the TV which was playing 'Oliver and Company'. That asshole had posed the most perfect and adorable picture ever. The caption said '@alysadalton Dodger picked today's movie for our girl'.

"I think he just outed your happy little family." My assistant laughed.

"Yeah, will you let my publicist know about this? I feel like she's going to get some calls about it." I shook my head and went to film my scene. I felt funny, nervous because now everything was out there, better because we didn't have to evade anymore.

I got home that night and Chris was balancing Aur. It was a new game he enjoyed, standing her up and seeing how long she could maintain it. He caught her as she dropped and put her on the floor for tummy time. She saw me and sort of rocked on her hands and knees. She'd be crawling soon. I laid down on the floor next to her and Chris.

"Who became a minor celebrity today?" I sang to her. She smiled and made an odd string of vowel sounds. She found a toy she liked and started chewing on it. Chris grabbed one of my feet and pulled me closer to him.

"Think it did the trick?" He asked.

"Hannah gave comments to every major source so yeah, I think we're good. At least we got it out before Marvel rounds." I sighed and laid back down. We laid like that for a while. Side by side on the floor. Chris tracing my calf.