Other People's Weddings and Birthday Planning

After Chris posted about Aurora his Twitter blew up, I had to close mine because of the hate I was getting

After Chris posted about Aurora his Twitter blew up, I had to close mine because of the hate I was getting. They loved Chris and Aurora, but I was a hateful she-bitch for trapping him with a baby. Not the worst thing I had ever been called and one of the risks of dating someone like Chris. My fans were nice about it, but the prevalent question was 'When is he popping the question?!'. I couldn't deal with it. In March it leaked we were living together in L.A., at least they didn't print our fucking address in the report. I finished filming and we ran back to Boston. We had a month before media rounds and premiers for 'Civil War'. One month before we were in the spotlight all over again. I was making a non-starter list in the kitchen one day. Aur was in her high chair alternating between eating sweet potato puffs and throwing them at Dodger. He'd learned fast once Aur started on solids that she was a goldmine of peoplefood. Chris came up behind me and read the list over my shoulder.

"No asking about marriage. No asking about Aur's birth. No asking about my dumbass lying to Chris for so long. No video or pictures of Aur's face." He read out loud. "Aww, babe, you're going to take all the fun out of this." He smirked and sat at the counter next to Aur, across from me.

"Christopher, you hate these as much as I do so zip it." Chris rolled his eyes and kissed Aur on the head. Her hair was getting darker like mine and longer. She held up a puff and he allowed her to feed him. He grimaced at the taste, they were gross, then smiled at her.

"Yummy, but I think Daddy and Dodger are full. You eat them, little bit." Chris waited till she looked away then turned his head and spit out the puff in a napkin. I handed him some coffee to rinse his mouth.

"Wait until she shares her green veggie cheeto things with you." I went back to my list. Chris frowned and looked back at Aurora, scratching Dodger's ears.

"Mamamamama." Aurora gibbered. She was still enamored of her daddy, but was close to saying 'mama' as her first word. She liked the mmm noise.

"Come on kid, dada. Give it a try."

"Mmamama, bababab, badaba." Aur went back to eating. Dodger resumed his station at her feet.

"Getting closer. Yes, media rounds are not exactly something I look forward to, but you have to answer that stuff...maybe not about the lying."

"Fine, but the first person to ask when we're getting married gets gut punched." "Shit, I better warn mom." Chris grabbed his phone. I took it away from him.

"Stop it, it's too soon and your mom knows that."

"She knows the endgame here. I'm pretty sure everyone else does too."

"Lalala, I can't hear you." I covered my ears as Aurora laughed and copied me.

"Mommy is crazy, here Sofia's calling." Chris gestured to my phone and released Aur from the high chair. He started cleaning her up as I answered.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Wedding shit, what's up with you?"

"Same."

"Clarification please."

"Media rounds, questions about the future, putting a ring on it and such."

"Oh right, good luck with that. So September 14th, at sunset. Private beach. 20 guests. You bridesmaid, Aur in a dual role as ringbearer and flower girl."

"Are you on a budget or something?" I laughed. "Just kidding. That sounds amazing. No hassle, I like it."

"That's what Henry and I decided. We hate going to big fancy weddings so why throw one? But I'm going to text you a picture of the dresses, text me back the sizes. And bachelorette party is August still deciding where, tell Chris Henry wants him at the bachelor party in Vegas. No bridal shower." Sofia finished and I smirked.

"Why not just elope in Vegas, get it over with?"

"No, no dear girl. Vegas is for debauchery, the beach is for romance. Lumberjack boy will have you two getting married in the forest, so don't question my choices."

"Sofia, I love you, but shut up about me getting married."

"Whatever, kisses." Sofia hung up, I put my phone on the counter and went to see what Chris was doing with Aur. They were on the floor in the living room. It looked like a scene from 'The Jungle Book'. Aur was crawling, Chris was crawling after her, and Dodger was trying desperately to crawl under Chris.

"Dodger, she's winning! Quit sabotaging me." Chris tried to avoid the dog licking his face. Aur found an interesting toy and gave up on the race. "See? Crazy." Chris wrestled with Dodger for a minute before he noticed me.

"Man-child." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Speaking of which, I started planning Aur's birthday." He got up and brushed himself off.

"Awesome, wilderness or animal?"

"Animal, 2 bedroom, club level."

"I want to pet a giraffe." I clapped my hands.

"Um, no. But we will be able to see them. Private guide like before."

"People getting pictures like before."

"And that is why little bit will be in a stroller with a cover. And wearing a hat. And sunglasses." Aur looked up at her daddy's pet name for her and crawled over to him. She pulled herself into a standing position with his pants and reached an arm up. Chris picked her up.

"We could just shove her in a duffel bag."

"I was thinking one of those bags people put their dogs in. Breathing holes."

"This is just the risk we're taking. She can't spend her whole life indoors, maybe people will respect the fact that it's her first birthday and she's at Disney World."

"Sometimes I hate that she got dragged into this. Famous by association." Chris ran a hand over her hair.

"We'll just keep her surrounded. Your family is big enough she can have an honor guard. Miles is quick, he can jump in if he sees a camera pointed our direction."

"I like that idea only because it will be fun to watch."