More Than Akuma Prevention-Marichat

There's a problem; there's an akuma.

Why did Hawkmoth have to be this way?

Because right now, Chat Noir was sprinting along rooftops, trying to beat an akuma to the local bakery.

●●●

Marinette couldn't stop crying.

The moment she landed home, she barely greeted her parents, then flopped face first onto her bed.

She was stupid to think Adrien might actually like her. He's Adrien Agreste, the boy who could have whatever and whoever he wanted. How could she even consider that he might want her?

But she told him anyway.

The thought made her release the gigantic sob that was choked in her throat.

I like someone else. I'm sorry, Marinette.

His words sloshed around her head and they wouldn't stop.

Of course he liked someone else.

She didn't want to know who it was.

She rolled over and gazed up at the ceiling, shaking her head. Sometimes, it's better to keep your feelings bottled up inside.

Adrien didn't love her like she loved him, and he never will.

Marinette closed her eyes.

Her tears pooled between her lashes. She tried to cry herself to sleep, just to be put out of her misery for a little while. In her dreams, Adrien would love her, and all would be fine. She wanted to sleep forever, but her heart had deflated far too much do slip away from reality.

Tap tap tap.

There was a knock on the door to her balcony.

Who could it be? On her balcony?

There was only one person she knew to have that ability.

She turned away from the balcony door. Water dripped onto her pillow from her eyes.

Tap tap tap.

Okay, so he wasn't gonna leave.

Marinette sat up. She wiped her face on her sleeves. Chat couldn't see her cry. He barely knew her.

She was about to open the door when Chat swung his head in theough the trap door. He was hanging upside down... and he was uninvited.

"Go away, Chat Noir," she sneered, trying her best to look more angry than sad.

Chat lowered himself into her room. Superhero perks: commonly aloud where others weren't.

"Marinette? You sound upset." His ears drooped. "What's wrong?" He reached for her and she spun away.

He already knew what was wrong. He knew it was his fault, too. Stupid Adrien.

He hesitated putting a hand on her shoulder, then didn't at all. Instead he moved in front of her, and lowered his head to her eye level.