Chapter Fourteen

Alice's POV

I kept staring into his eyes. I couldn't get myself to break the connection between our eyes. I felt a cold and dark feeling roll over me as I slowly began to realize what his presence here meant.

I knew that whatever was going to happen was inevitable and I wasn't going to be able to change that but it didn't mean that I wasn't going to try my hardest. As a frown made its way onto my face I quickly pushed him away from me and reached for my swords only to grab onto the air where they should have been. I quickly looked around and saw them laying next to Caleb. I snarled at him and then turned back around to look at Salem as I discreetly reached around to the silver kunai and silver karambit I had place just beneath my jacket. As I gripped the kunai and got ready to throw it, I felt Alexis, Caitlyn and Claire move around in my head and I start a conversation with them.

(Ali – Alice, Ale – Alexis, Cl – Claire, Ca – Caitlyn)

Ali: 'What the hell guys! This is one of them men we have been training to kill all our lives. What the hell is going on?'

Ale: 'You can't do it'

Cl: 'We have talked to his wolf'

Ca: 'He cares about us and his human cares about you. You can't kill him. You know what the bond will do to us if you do it'

Ali: 'Fine! But if we die, I'm blaming you three'

With that they retreated back into the cave of my mind and went quite. I slowly pulled out the kunai and for a split second I thought I saw fear in Salem's eyes. Well that was before I threw it half an inch in front of his feet. "If you ever touch me or try to hurt me, I will carve my name into your skin with a rusty knife, cut off your balls and dick and shove your dick up your ass and your balls down your throat. Understood?" I spat at him.

I might not be able to kill him because of the stupid mate bond but that doesn't mean I'll fall for the guy. I won't give into the bond. I'll keep fighting until he finally reveals his true intentions. "Of course baby girl" he said a little nervous which only got worse when I pulled out the karambit and pressed the tip against the bottom of his chin. "Don't even think about starting with the pet names. I am not and never will be in love with you. So if I hear your call me anything else other than my name then I will slaughter everyone that you care about and that includes your sister, her pup and your brother in law over there" I said a little more coldly than it was supposed to be.

I heard a growl come from Caleb and I knew that he was pissed off about my threat against his mate and pup but I needed to get my point across to Salem. I looked back to Salem, expecting his emerald green eyes but the only thing I saw was pitch black orbs. I immediately knew that it was no longer Salem that I was holding onto. "Who are you supposed to be?" I asked sassily. "My name is Shadow. And what is the name of our so called mate that shot us and threatened our family?" He snarled out and I could easily feel the power that he radiated. "Like I'm giving my name to you. Maybe some other time. Now tell me what you intend to do with me and I expect you to be honest. If not, then both of the threats I gave you will be executed" I seethed as I stared into the dark orbs that had been emerald green not even a minute ago. "We intend on bringing our mate and Luna back to the castle where you will be given the same room as us. And then we will start to try and convince you of how we feel" Shadow said too calmly considering that I had just threatened him again and that he was still held at knife point. "Well there will be a slight change in that. I won't be sleeping anywhere near you. I decide which room I get and I decide when you get to speak to me. Am I understood?" I ask sternly as I again felt authority and power flow through my blood. "Yes madam" He replied as I slowly let go of him and holstered the karambit before picking up the kunai and walking over to get my swords and my other weapons. I quickly went out to the truck outside and then went back up to Chris and Hope's bedroom to gather up all the guns inside of Chris's armory. It took me a little over 10 trips to get all the guns and ammo into the truck and I also had to see if Chris had a trailer somewhere around the house. Luckily I found one hidden in their garage. And luckily it was a closed trailer. So I began to load all the guns and ammo into the trailer. By the time I closed it, it was already dark outside. I stared at the truck only now realizing what it was. It was a brand new Dodge RAM 3500 2016. It was massive and I was surprised that I hadn't realized it before.

I turned around to look at Salem. "You and your elites will run back. But I'm taking Caleb with me" I said and within a second he was growling at me. "What?!?!" I yelled at him. "I will not let Caleb or anyone be alone with you. I am your mate. I should be the one to guide you back to OUR castle" he snarled at me. "Well fucking sucks to be you. Now go and tell your elites what I told you. Caleb get in the fucking truck before I lose my temper and strangle a motherfucker" I seethe through my teeth. I stared straight into Salem's eyes, daring him to go against what I just told him. I knew that he was the werewolf king and therefore more dominant than any other alpha and therefore he hated to be told what to do. Within a second Salem was in front of me, snarling at me. I could literally feel the power and anger rolling off him in waves. I had just pissed of the king of the werewolves.

Never thought I would do that and live to tell the tale.

Suddenly he grabbed my shoulders and stared straight into my eyes. "Caleb is not going to be going with you in that truck. I am. I am your fucking mate. I should be the one to get all your attention but instead you give it to him. Have I ever done anything bad to you? Have I ever done anything to earn your hatred?" he yelled at me. I could hear that it was Shadow that was currently in control. "DON'T YOU DARE TAKE THAT TONE WITH ME. IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU AND THE QUEEN AND THE OTHER TWO KINGS, I WOULD STILL HAVE MY FUCKING PARENTS. I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A NORMAL CHILDHOOD. I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO RUN AND SURVIVE ON MY OWN AT THE AGE OF SEVEN. BECAUSE OF YOU I LOST EVERYTHING. SO I SORRY IF I SEEM LIKE I DON'T LIKE YOU OR TRUST YOU BUT IT'S SIMPLY BECAUSE I DON'T. AND I DOUBT IT'LL EVER CHANGE" I screamed at him. The tears were flowing freely already but I didn't care anymore. He acted as I expected. Arrogant, self-righteous and egotistical. I would never be able to love this man. I would never be able to care about my parents' murderer. That I was certain of.

Salem turned around and stormed through the house in raged and I could easily hear him throwing the couch and chairs around in the living room before I head the back door being ripped from its hinges. I sighed heavily and mumbled "And this is the wolf I have been paired up with". I quickly got into the truck and started the engine. "So Caleb start guiding me and start talking about Salem, his sister, his family and his history. I expect to know everything about him by the time we get back to the castle" I sternly ordered without using any power. "Okay but we have quite a good ride ahead of us. Turn right on Tempe Wick Road and take Interstate 287 and head for Florida. But why do you even want to know about Salem when you have no interest in the mate bond?" Caleb asked as I started to back out of the driveway.

To be honest, I was asking myself that this very moment.

--------------------

Question Of The Chapter: What is the most extreme thing you have ever tried?

My Answer: i have tried Denmarks longest zipline. It went across a lake and then you have to let go and let yourself fall down into the lake.