Chapter Six.

Alice's POV

Chris and I spent most of the trip just talking. He asked me a lot of questions about my past and most of them I tried to avoid answering but the more he asked, the more I felt bad for having to keep it hidden from it. I mean I have to keep it hidden from him, he is a human. He would never believe me if I told him that werewolves, vampires, wendigos, dragons and kitsune actually existed. He would think I was insane and then I would have lost the only chance I had at getting a family. Besides finding my mate.

I had completely given up on finding whoever was destined for me. He or she wouldn't accept me anyway. Who would when it would mean that they would be hunted and possibly killed by the royals.

Chris brought me out of my thoughts. "So Alice tell me a bit more about yourself that I don't already know" He said softly with hope in his eyes. It made me feel a little happy. "Well I'm 17 years old. I have been living on my own for the past 10 years. I have taught myself to hunt and survive in the nature. I can't remember my parents. I can't remember my mom's voice or my dad's laugh. I can't remember anything about them. I can't remember what is it like to have a family. All I remember is what it's like to live in fear. Fear for your own survival" I said softly even though I think it came out more as a whisper and I was pretty sure that a few tears had found their way down my cheeks. "I'm so sorry Alice. I hope that my wife and I will be able to give you just a little bit of what you have never gotten. You never have to worry about your survival anymore. I'll protect you. I'll keep you safe" He said softly as he pulled me into a hug. And the worst part about it was that I believed him. I trusted him and I believed that he would keep me safe.

I didn't want to trust him. I didn't want to believe he could keep me safe because it was just another lie. I was never gonna be safe unless I was dead. No one was going to be able to keep me safe. They were all just gonna die and it would all be because of me. "Chris, I... I want you to know that I appreciate your offer of adopting me but... It's not safe for you or your wife. I don't want to put you two in danger" I said, being as vague as I possibly could. I needed him to understand how dangerous it was to get involved in my life.

Before he could answer, a voice called out over the speakers on board of the ship. "We are approaching the docks. Get ready for arrival" The voice said. "Alright we'll talk more about this at home, okay Alice?" Chris said as he gathered his things and looked back at me. I just nodded and as I got up I quickly made sure that he wasn't going to see the swords that I had somehow managed to hide. As we walked along the corridors of the ship I had a feeling that something was wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it but I somehow knew that something wasn't right about all of this.

As we stood on the deck and looked at the docks I sniffed the air and suddenly I knew what was wrong about it all. It was an ambush. The air was filled with the smell of fresh cut grass. Werewolves. "Chris we need to move now" I said quietly. "Why? What's wrong?" He asked me. "Just trust me" I said as the ship stopped moving and we started to get off.

As I set foot on the docks, I immediately scanned the area in hopes that maybe I could see some of their forces or maybe I would be able to figure out how many men the werewolf king had sent. If I knew Salem right, then he would want me caught alive. I don't want he wants with me but I knew that I couldn't let Chris get caught in the crossfire.

"Chris, where would we go right now?" I asked. "The parking lot is this way" Chris said as he pointed in the direction from where the scent of werewolves was strongest. "Umm do you think I can maybe wait somewhere while you get the car?" I asked nervously and hoped that he would agree. "Alice what's wrong? Why don't you wanna go in that direction?" Chris asked. It took me a couple of seconds before I came up with an answer and even then it wasn't a good kind of answer. "I... I don't know" I said as I lowered my head. "Let's just get going then" I added quietly as we began to walked towards the parking lot. The entire way there I kept making sure that my scent wasn't too strong and that my swords were well hidden but easily accessible. I was nervous. No, nervous doesn't even get close to describe how I felt.

As we walked past a few containers I could smell them. There were hiding in one of the containers. I looked around nervously. Then I saw them a few werewolves but they were dressed like custom control. I knew that we would have to walk by them and I knew that they would be able to sense my scent. And I was pretty sure that Salem had informed them all about me coming through here. I still have no idea of how they found out that I was coming through here but that didn't matter now. All that mattered was that Chris and I got out of here without getting captured.

We slowly started to walk towards the parking lot and just as we passed the two custom control guys, their heads snapped up and they started to search for me. As soon as they saw me, they yelled out to the werewolves that we hiding that I was right there.

"Chris, run and get the car ready, NOW!" I yelled at him as I pulled both of the swords out and got into a fighting stance. Chris looked at me with a worried look but right after that he ran for the parking lot and out of my line of sight. It didn't take long before the wolves were all standing around me with their guns straight at me. I looked straight at them and assessed my options. Option 1, stay and fight them all. Option 2, fight a few and try and find a way out of this and to Chris's car. And option 3, which was the one I really didn't want to pick, surrender and follow with the wolves peacefully. I knew that I wasn't going to surrender to them. I had alpha blood running in my veins from to different species, there was no way in hell that I was going down without a fight.

I growled at them and barred my canines as well as let my skin turn into scales. At this moment I was thankful for my dragon because the scales would definitely help me as it would make me able to withstand more.

I looked at the wolves in front of me. They moved and acted like nothing I had ever seen before. I knew I had to be extra careful with these guys. For a few seconds we just stood there. Staring at each other. That was when I decided to make the first move against them.

I jumped forward and swung the silver sword against the nearest wolf. I only just grazed him but because of the silver I knew it would keep hurting him until it got treated by a doctor. As soon as the first guy got hurt the rest threw down their guns and got ready to fight me. Luckily for me, I saw Chris out of the corner of my eye standing by a car and waving at me. I wait for a few seconds before I slashed the swords towards the nearest, just trying to distract them all. And it worked. For a split second their focus was one something other than me, so I dashed out of there and ran straight for the car. But just as I shut the door of the car I sensed an absolutely amazing scent. It was fresh cut grass mixed with coconut. I immediately knew what it was. The worst thing was that I want to go back into that mess in there to find my mate. I had waited for this for so long and finally it was here. I started to think about who he or she might be. Which rank they were as it was obvious to me that they were a werewolf. It was in their scent. I could sense it and even though I hadn't seen him or her, I was already drawn towards them. I could already feel the bond forming the connection between them and me. I knew it wouldn't be long before I couldn't keep away from them. And that scared me. The fact that I would almost be forced towards them without knowing if they would want me or if either of us would be safe. I didn't want to put my mate in danger. But because they were my mate, they would already be in danger if anyone found out about it.

--------------------

Question Of The Chapter: Who is your role model?

My Answer: My role model is my step dad.