Plans

Once I arrived back home I noticed a car parked in the driveway that I didnt recognize and all I can think of was Marcus being alone with my sister. I quickly got out the car, grabbed the gun in walked slowly to the front door. Using my key with my left, I held the gun closely with my right and turned the knob. I peaked in to the sounds of crying and voices that were all to familiar. My dad and Martsia. I guess it was a new car. I tucked the gun in my pants in walked to the sounds. Everyone was looking at me once I hit the living room entrance.

" Jayden where have you been?!!".

My dad went from rubbing Janaye's back to walking up on me.

"Calm down Dustin he doesn't need this right now", Martsia added holding my dads arm.

I ignored them and stood closer to the couch.

"What's wrong with you Naye?".

My dad shook his head as Janaye tried to get her words out.

"Lucky was killed son".

I was stuck and Janaye cried harder.

"Seeing as he's your best friend, we thought you were with him cause Janaye said y'all were supposed to meet up".

My heart sank.

"I was with him earlier but he was fine". I let out some tears. My dad held me close. I felt like shit and I couldn't tell them the truth. Afterwards we talked about them finding his body to when the funeral would be then they went on home.

Janaye was sound asleep after my dad left so I let her stay on the couch. I cried in my room for about 40 minutes. I never shot a gun, I never lost a friend. I had to end Marcus's ass for good.

The pass 2 weeks went by and school was a drag only because after Lucky's death, my other friends had moved away, they're patents felt it be safer and I had to spend everyday pretending to be cool with a man who killed my homie and tried to kill me. I hated myself.

After class, seeing as it was a Friday, I went home early, Janaye was home for the day. I jogged upstairs and into my room to find Janaye standing there with a gun, my gun.

"Naye what are you doing in here?".

"Jayden what are you doing with this!?".

"Look its none of your business".

"Why do you have this Jay!?".

"Its just in case I need it".

"You in trouble or something?".

"No!".

"Then why need it, Jayden you been acting strange every since Lucky died and I know its scary but you don't need a gun!".

" Don't tell me shit okay!!".

I snatched the gun out her hand in stuffed it in my pants.

"Stay out my room Naye and DONT tell dad!!!".

She sighed, nodded then walked out.

Later Janaye left a note saying she was gone shopping so I decided to pay Marcus dope spot a visit. The area was packed with a bunch of addicts and two of Marcus boys were standing watch along with one of the guys that tried to kill me. After while I watched people go in and out, nothing was happening so I turned to leave. As I headed to my car I ran into a chick that Marcus knew who lived near the park, she was about 24. He told me she used drugs everyday and he stopped selling to her 2months ago. I was shocked to see her near the spot. She approached me.

"So you weren't replaced yet?", she laughed.

"What you mean?", I stopped in my tracks.

"They usually replace the younger ones and by replace I mean finish".

I sighed thinking that I almost was finished.

She patted my arm, "Marcus and his crew think I'm off my rocker super drugged up as a nut! But I'm not. I'm very sane".

"Well tell me, what do you know?"

I stood closer to her wanting to find out more on why I was a target.

"Information isn't free young one", she smiled.

I reached in my wallet in gave her a 20. She smiled.

"Now I'll tell you something's".

"Well start talking".

After all her words hit me like bullets themselves. I was in disbelief. She let me know that Marcus wanted us dead for the money and me dead for he can have Janaye to himself without any interruptions. She also let me know that he dealt to some crooked cops and me going to them wouldn't do any good. It all made sense and I needed to get to him before he got to me without having the police involved. So I thought up a plan in called Marcus.

"Aaay big brother, what's up!", he asked in a excited tone.

Damn well he knew what was up.

"A lot is up Marc' I just heard of a big deal of powder jumping off from one of my cousins".

"Where your cousins live?".

"Miami but there from Africa".

"Yooo cool cool, I know they got some good love to sale".

I smiled as my plan came into place.

"Yup I'm headed there next week if you wanna come".

"Hell yeah, I'm in!!".

"Aiight bet, I'll call you later on meeting him".

"Aight cool".

We hung up with no more words. The excitement in his voice told me my plan was in good shape and little did he know I was the cousins in it all.