How Much Time Is Left?

We were taken off. I had 16 hour flight from Kenya to LA. 16 more hours until I meet him again.

I had done all my work and was heading to bed. I was about to FaceTime Lilly when I realised she was on her flight. One hour had passed. 15 to go.

I tried to get as much sleep as I could. I was too uncomfortable. I put on some headphones and watched some movies. I just couldn't get to sleep. Because I get to see Yousef in 13 hours.

I wake up and check the time. 6:10am. I groan and realised Lilly will be here soon. I turn around and try to sleep but she's on my mind. 10 hours to go.

Humble shakes me and I wake up to see a tray of airplane food in front of me. I groaned as I picked up a yogurt and talked with Humble for a bit. My eyes widen. 6 hours left.

I take a shower and put some clothes on. I check my socials whilst eating my breakfast. I fed Dollar and Muffin and played with them. Dollar licked me three times. 3 hours left.

We were landing and I was so excited. I couldn't contain myself and even Humble could see that.

"Can't wait to see him?"

"No I can't. Hours are done. Minutes now"

45 minutes.

I got into my car and drove to the airport. I missed her so much. I hadn't seen her since her New York visit and I was more than happy to see her face again. In 15 minutes.

I got my suitcase and grabbed something to eat. I was walking around looking for Yousef. I couldn't find him anywhere. I got a text for Yousef. Let's add 5 minutes.

I was running late because of traffic so I decided to text Lilly telling her I was running late. I finally arrived at the airport. 2 minutes left.

We looked around for Yousef but I couldn't find him anywhere. I looked everywhere until I saw him. I shouted for him and ran to him with open arms. So did he.

We hugged tightly then I pulled away and kissed her. I missed her lips. Her hands snaked to my neck and mine went to her waist.

A tear rolled down my eye. I touched his cheek and our foreheads touched.

"I missed you" She said. She looked into my eyes and I could tell she missed me.

0 minutes left.

~