Space Between Pt.2

A/N: This is part two of 'Space Between' I hope you enjoy and leave suggestions below. Also we got over 5.5k reads and that's a lot of people so thank you ever so much for reading and love you all ❤️

- 4 months later -

Lilly POV

Since the encounter with Yousef cheating on me, we haven't been the same. The house is always silent. The only sounds that are heard are our little girl's crying or giggles.

Yousef stays at Alex's whilst I keep the house. We have been waiting for the divorce papers & the court trail to see who keeps Orchid, our child.

I walk into Orchid's room to see her sucking her little fist. I laugh as I pick her up and lay kisses all over here face.

"I wuv you my little Orchid tree" I say in a baby voice and she giggles. As I was playing with her, my phone rang and I put Orchid on her play may before answering the call.

"Hello is this Mrs. Erakat?" A man's voice comes out of the phone.

"Speaking" I roll my eyes at the phrase 'Mrs. Erakat'.

"We have your divorce papers ready. If you would like to drop here at the office tomorrow with your husband that would be fine" He said and I sigh in relief.

"What about Orchid, my child?"

"Oh there will be a court session next week about who gets custody over Orchid. I'll call you on that week about the date and time"

"Okay thank you so much" I end the call and lay with Orchid.

I look into her eyes. Her parents being separated when she's so young. She continues to suck her fist. I laugh at her and she gives me a cute toothless smile.

- The Next Day -

I arrived at the office carrying Orchid in my hands. I wore my black leggings with my pizza sweatshirt and my kicks.

I walk in to see Yousef sat down and talking with the man who's been helping us with the papers.

I sat down putting my little girl on my lap. I look at Yousef and his eyes were puffy. He was crying.

I look back at Orchid who was smiling at me whilst playing with her teddy bear. I smile back and look at the man.

"So how are we today?"

"Good" We say in unison and look at each other. We turn back and look at the man again, making the situation more awkward.

"Here are your papers for a divorce. So sad another love has gone to waste. I'll step out but call me when you've signed the papers" He smiles and we nodded as he makes his way out.

Neither of us had touched the pen yet. We were trying to sink in the fact that we don't want each other anymore.

"How's Orchid then" Yousef says quietly, still staring at the papers.

"She's fine" I cut it short and look at the papers once more.

"Are we really doing this Yousef?" I turn to him and he turns to me. Tears were threatening to escape my eyes but I wiped them away.

"I think we are" He gives me a half smile and plays with his fingers.

"Lilly I'm sorry. For everything. I should've known you were stressing about me all the way back home but I only cared for myself. I just wasn't ready to become a dad. If you want to continue this, I understand. I just want you to know that I'll never stop loving you."

He was about to reach for the pen when I cupped his face with one hand, holding Orchid with the other and kissed him. He followed along with it and our emotions were dripping into the kiss. I let the tears fall. A little bit of me still loved him.

And I plan to keep it that way.

~