Chapter 5 (unedited)

This is a gif of them hugging
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The carriages stopped by the front door, and we all made our way out.

"Hermes, please go tell Hades to wait in his room," Hera said before turning to me. "I want you to go talk to him." Her tone left no room for argument. I wasn't going to argue anyway.

So, I made my way through the mansion to the bedroom wing. This is where all of the Olympians sleep. There were seven doors on each side. Fourteen rooms. Right as I made it to the wing, I saw Hades opening his door. He stepped in, not noticing me. He did leave the door open, though. I walked forward and watched as Cerberus, Hades dog, walked out.

Some people would say he had three heads, when in reality, he had one. He was a pretty big dog and was completely black.

"Cerberus!" I shouted. With his tongue sticking, he started running towards me. I got on my knees as he started licking my face while I petted him. Man, I loved this dog.

"Camry?" The way my name rolled off his tongue made me shiver. His voice was masculine. I stood up and looked at him. His hair was completely black and was swooped up slightly a more modern look. His beautiful blue eyes held confusion. He probably didn't think he would see me here.

I smiled, "Hi, Hades." It took him two steps before he engulfed me in a hug. His arms were tight around me.

"I missed you so much, princess," I smiled into his chest. This was home. In his arms. I bet he didn't feel the same way.

I pulled away and I thought I saw him frown.

"What are you doing here?" He really didn't remember.

"I'm eighteen. I'm here to become the Goddess of the Underworld." I swear I saw him hiding a smile. "Well, if you want me to, that is." I was hoping I could find out if he was actually in love with me.

"Well, sure. We are great friends anyway." I have just been friend zoned. Man, it hurt like a bitch.

I gave him a fake smile. "Yeah. Great friends." The greatest friends. After that it became awkward. I don't think either of us knew what to say. I'm sure there was a lot to say, considering we haven't seen each other in eight years. Luckily, I was saved by Aphrodite coming into the hallway.

"Uh, sorry to interrupt. But, Camry has to get ready for the Welcome Back ball." Since when was there a ball?

"Oh, okay. I'll see you later then." And with that, he walked to his room with Cerebus behind him. He didn't even look back.

Man, I wanted to cry.

Aphrodite looked concerned. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head and looked at her, tears forming in my eyes. "I've just been friend zoned." She didn't say anything. She didn't have to. The silence spoke enough. She felt me being friend zoned.

As soon as we got to my room, I cried. I couldn't help it. All of my emotions I have kept bundled up for years split open, and I cried. I haven't cried since that night. The night that changed me.

Aphrodite pulled me into a hug and I cried into her shoulder. My love for Hades was buried under the false memories. For all these years, I didn't realize I was in love with someone.

There was a knock on the door and I quickly pulled myself together. Sure, I probably had swollen eyes and a tear stricken face, but I decided to open the door anyway.

Outside the door was my mom. As soon as she saw me crying, she pulled me to her.

"Why are you crying, my darling?" Her voice was so soft that it only made me want to cry more. When I didn't answer she asked another question. "Was it Hades? Did he do something to hurt you?" I didn't want to lie so I nodded my head. She pulled away and wiped my tears away with her thumbs. "What happened?"