Chapter 6 (unedited)

This is the dress she wears to dinner. I think it is completely gorgeous.

Listen to Lady Killer by Maroon 5 for this chapter. Especially when she is walking into the ballroom.

Dinner had barely started and I was already nervous. The food was just delivered, so everyone was eating.

On the menu were some medium-rare steak, juicy mashed potatoes, and fresh green beans. It was my favorite meal. And it was delicious. We were all having red wine, which I must admit, tastes pretty good.

Looking around the room I notice one thing, everyone, besides me, are wearing white and black. I stood out in my purple dress.

There wasn't much conversation going on at my table. Everyone just seemed focused on eating.

I kept my eyes focused on my food. I was nervous and anxious.

"So, Camry." My head snapped up at the sudden conversation. It was Hades that got my attention. "How was your life without your family?" He pretty much sneered at me. And to say it didn't hurt would be a lie.

"Uh.. honestly, it was okay." I looked dead-straight into Hades eyes. "But, I didn't know I had more than one person as family." I was talking about my Nana. I thought she was the only family I had. I guess I was wrong.

"I find it hard to believe that your life was just 'okay.' I'm sure it was perfect." His tone was cold. And by now, everyone was staring at us.

I gave out a laugh. "So, you want to hear about my oh-so-perfect life?" He nodded his head.

"Okay." I took a breath. I was like a livid bitch all over again.

"So, do you know what it feels like to think both of your parents are dead? Or, how about later finding out that they weren't even your real parents?" I swallowed hard. "Or what about my best friend? I thought I knew since I was born, when fact is, I hardly know her." I laughed loudly. "Or watching your Nana slowly fall apart after the Grandpa you had died. And to later find out he wasn't family."

I'm sure my anger was written all over my face. "So you go ahead and imagine me with a perfect life. But, in reality, it sucked."

Everyone in the room was staring at me with shock on their faces. I looked at Hades one more time with a glare before I stood up fast from my chair. The chair skidded to the ground, causing a loud noise to erupt.

I ran through the table and out the door. I heard Hades calling my name, but I ignored him. I ran to my room and slammed the door shut behind me.

I got upset every time I thought about Los Angeles. Truthfully, if I didn't have Nana or Naomi, I would probably hate my life. They were the only things that made it better. That made me happy. 

I laid on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. I was so lost in thought that I never heard the door opening. I thought Hades would come in, but it wasn't. It was Athena.

"How are you, sweetie?" She came over and sat on my bed next to me. My response was the shrug of my shoulders.

I had a question and I knew Athena would be able to answer it. She was the Goddess of wisdom, anyway.

"Why did Hades change?" He was so different. When I first saw him, he was the same. And then, he became cold and mean.

"I don't want to hurt you, but I think it was because you weren't here." I was speechless.

I finally came up with words. "Why do you think that?"

Athena seemed to think about it for a moment. "Because when you were here, he was the happiest. He smiled, he played, he joked. Now, he's just emotionless." That made sense. He always seemed happy before.

"Do you think there is any way to get him back to the way he was before?" I so desperately wanted it. I needed it.

She sighed and put her hand on her chin. I sat up, waiting for her answer. "Possibly. Maybe if you were the way with him before."

I raised my eyebrows at her. "You mean when I was head-over-heels in love with him." She nodded her head and I groaned.

"Do you... Do you think you can be that in love with him? Again, I mean."

I sighed. I knew I wasn't head-over-heels like I used to be. But, I haven't seen him for eight years. I was in love with him, but not crazy in love. Did I think I could fall deeper in love with him? I thought about it for a minute.

"Yes."

I spent the next forty-five minutes laying on the bed thinking about my life. I'm sure that the ball was going to start soon. I felt bad for the way I behaved at dinner.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I didn't want to get up.

Aphrodite walked in the door. She was still wearing her white, sparkly dress.

"I was coming to get you ready for the ball. If you're coming." I could understand why she thought I wouldn't.

I got off of the bed. "I'm coming."

Aphrodite gave me a big smile before shoving a dress into my hand. "Go get changed."

I went into my bathroom and changed. The dress was a bright red. It was tight on my whole body but spread out more under my butt. From how tight it was, it probably actually looked like I had a butt.

The back of the dress was cut in a V, so most of my back wasn't covered. The top of the dress was heart shaped. It came up in a flowery accent as straps and over to the other side. The whole dress had flowery accents on it. I loved it.

I put on a pair of ruby dangling earrings. They were beautiful.

So, I followed Aphrodite to where we had to go. The ballroom was across from the dining room. The door was gold, where the other one was silver.

"Wait here. When the doors open." She was walking away when she stopped and turned back to me. "Don't forget to smile." She then preceded to walk down the hall.

I put a big smile on my face as the door opened. Everyone was standing in the back of the room in a U. They were all looking at me. Most of them had champagne glasses in their hand.

All the Olympians stood in the center of the room. I knew I had to go to them. Their eyes were on me. I was definitely nervous.

I slowly walked down the path of roses as I made my way to them. Hades eyes were on my whole body. From the way he was looking at me, I didn't doubt he had some feeling for me. I'm sure he would explode when he saw the back of my dress. Oh, wait. There is no back of my dress.

I reached them and stood next to Hera and Zeus as they all turned around to face the crowd.

Nothing could have prepared me for what was gonna happen later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N~ I have written 40 pages of this book in 1.5 days. I'm really happy.

Enjoy another updated chapter.

Date: August 3rd, 2016