3- Friends and PE

Mitch's POV

Kirstie and I walk to geography together. Mister Kaplan is already sitting at his desk. The rest of the class is also already there.

"We have a new student, class." Mister Kaplan points at me. "This is Mitch." I smile timidly. I'm not a very outgoing person but also not very shy.

Kirstie walks to the back the of the class and I follow her. I sit down in the seat next to her.

I try to pay attention in class and I have to admit, it's better and less boring than the classes at home. I learned about plants that are poisonous and plants that I can eat.

The bell rings, all the students stand up and walk out of the classroom. I just follow Kirstie. I hope she doesn't mind. We walk through the main hall to the dining room.

There are so many people here, everyone is sitting at the table chatting away. There is food on the tables, waiting to be eaten by me.

Kirstie grabs my hand and takes me to the back of the room to a half empty table. There are a few people sitting there, talking to each other.

"Guys, this is Mitch! My new roommate." Kirstie says. Everyone of them turns their head in my direction, a curious look on their faces.

She introduces me to everyone. She points at two blonde girls, "That are Hannah and Grace. They are mates." She points at a tall, dark haired guy. "That's Jeremy, my mate." I didn't know she had a mate? "Tyler and Troye, also mates." A brown haired guy with curls and a blonde guy smile at me. Before Kirstie can speak a dark skinned guy with surprisingly beautiful eyes speaks up, "Todrick, single as fuck." I laugh, I like him. "And last, Dan and Phil, also mates." She points at two dark haired, tall guys. "Shane is normally also with us, but he's sick." Everyone here has mates, and then there's me, forever alone.

Kirstie goes to sit next to Jeremy, immediately sucking his face. I sit next to Todrick, I think we can connect as the only single ones here. "Disgusting." Todrick says as he sees me looking at Kirstie and Jeremy.

I chuckle, "Does everyone here have mates?" It seems so weird to meet your mate at 18. That means that you spend basically your whole life with one person. I know that is the point, but I like to experiment before I find my mate. I'm still a virgin for god's sake. If I find my mate now, I'll only have sex with one person in my whole life.

"Not everyone. I guess it's a coincidence that so many people in our group are together." Todrick smiles nicely at me. "Shane and me are the only single ones. You too now, welcome to team single." He says sarcastically.

I let out a laugh, team single. I happen to enjoy the single life. I go out every weekend to a gay club, dancing and kissing boys are just things I like to do. I guess I can't do that now anymore, since we're in the middle of nowhere.

Soon, lunch is over and it's time for PE. I have that with Todrick and Kirstie so I'm happy with that. Kirstie said she is not good at PE so maybe I won't look too stupid. I haven't told anyone about me being a halfblood. Maybe I'll tell mister Olusola? It's not like they won't notice when I shift. It's obvious. I'm a male and my wolf is smaller than a female.

We arrive at the training field, Mister Olusola is already standing there. I see a few big guys and some girls. Looks like we're the lasts ones here again. There are about 20 people in this class.

"Okay, now that everyone is here, shift!" Straight to the point I see. No, welcome to this class. Everyone shifts, except me. I'm suddenly very nervous. What will they say?

"Mister Olusola, can you come here please?" I ask him nicely. He looks away from the wolves and comes to me. Everyone apparently knows what to do, because they start fighting each other.

"What is it, Mitch? Why didn't you shift?" He doesn't look mad that I didn't shift. I think this man is really nice.

"Uhmm.. I don't have any experience in fighting. I've never done it before." The only thing I did with my wolf was let it run so he didn't go crazy.  Never in my life have I fought.

"That's okay, Mitch." Mister Olusola says, patting my shoulder. "I'll help you okay?" He smiles at me. "Go shift, I'll teach you some stuff."

I still hesitate. "Is there something else?" Mister Olusola furrows his eyebrows.

"Uhm yeah." I look at the ground. "I'm not a normal wolf. I'm a halfblood." I hesitantly look up at him. He has a look of surprise on his face.

"A halfblood? I thought those didn't exist? Are you sure?" What kind of question is that? Why would I lie?

"I am sure yes. My mom is human and my dad is a werewolf." Not only are halfblood wolves small, they also have no color. My wolf is completely, entirely white. There are no other wolves like that. Only the halfbloods are completely white. It's like my wolf couldn't entirely develop because only half of my genes are werewolf. So I am a small albino wolf. My eyes are brown though.

"Okay, show me. Shift." Kevin has an excited look on his face. I know it's rare, but it's not as fun as people think, being a halfblood.

I sigh, before shifting. I have done this so many times that it is naturally. I don't look at my classmates, only at my teacher. I hear multiple gasps though, when I've shifted.

"Interesting." Mister Olusola says, examining me. I sit down. He runs his fingers through my fur, looking at the white hairs. "Have you told anyone?" I shake my head no.

"We'll fight now." The rest of the class, Mister O just teaches me fighting techniques. I'm really not good at fighting. I'm not strong at all, I have no coordination. I am fast, that's the only positive thing.

We all shift back when the class is finally finished. That didn't feel like one hour, more like four. Mister O really tired me out, I'm sore all over my body.

Kirstie immediately comes running to me. Here we go. "Mitch! Why didn't you tell me you are a halfblood?" She says it excitedly, like it's a good thing to be a halfblood.

"Uhm.. It's not something I just tell everyone."

"You should! Your wolf is so beautiful!" Kirstie says enthusiastically.

I look at her dumbfounded. Beautiful? I've only met 2 other werewolves before I came here, but never have I been called beautiful. Only weird and weak. "T-Thank you."

Kirstie smiles at me. "Let's get back to our room, I want to get to know you!" She grabs my hand, running off to our room.

Before we arrive at our room a voice sounds through the school. It's an intercom message.

"Mitch Grassi to the principal." The voice says. My heart stops.