Chapter 6

I wake up to the sound of someone throwing up. I rub my eyes and slowly set up to see its a little dark still. I look at the clock and it reads 4:30 a.m. 

I then decide to check on the sick person. I carefully and quietly get out of my bed and walk over to the bathroom. I push the door a little and see Kaity leaning over the toilet and letting out contents from dinner. Slightly shaking off my disgust. I open the door wider catching her attention.

"Did I wake you?" She asks holding her stomach in pain. I just shake my head and stand still.

"What's wrong?" I ask her finally speaking.

"I don't really know, I kinda had this urge to throw up and I've been doing it since you guys went to bed." She explains. I nod and look around.

"Here, I'll be right back." I say walking away before hearing her faint 'okay'. I walk over to our little kitchen and grab a rag. Walking over to the sink, I wet it a little and then find some Medicine. Grabbing her a glass of water. I walk back into the bathroom and hand her the things.

"Here, I'm gonna go outside and see if I can find you a Sprite okay?" I say handing her the things. She nods weakly and sets down again. I look to make sure I haven't woken up the other cabin mate and then open the door. Walking outside of the cabin and over to the beverage table. I open the ice chest and look around for a Sprite.

"Shoot." I mumble when I can't find one. I open the next one. Only waters. Great.

"What are you doing?" A voice asks from behind me. I jump and turn around to face Brandon. He looks confused and a little tired.

"Oh, I'm looking for a Sprite." I say opening the third Ice chest. I continue looking through it while feeling his eyes on me.

"Why? I thought you didn't drink cokes?" He says still confused. I just shrug.

"It's not for me, it's for a sick friend." I reply. I then spot a green can and feel excitement.

"Yay! I found one." I say happily pulling a Sprite out of the cold ice. My hands now feeling like I've go inside my pockets on to touch my bare legs. Shoot. I forgot I'm wearing night shorts.

"Um, well I'm gonna go give her this." I say about to walk away before he speaks up.

"Wait, can't you give her that then come watch the sunset with me?" He asks with hope in his eyes. I smile before turning around.

"Yes, you wanna come with me?" I ask him. He looks at me for a moment.

"Sure, why not." He says while shrugging his shoulders. I laugh and shake my head. What s dweeb.

We make our way to my cabin and I hear her still throwing up. I open the door and quickly walk to the back of the cabin into the bathroom. She's lying on the floor with tears in her eyes. Awe. I feel bad for her.

"You okay?" I ask kneeling down and helping her set up.

"It hurts so bad." She says eyes closed and wincing every time she almost pukes again.

"Can you go make her bed and set a trash can beside it?" I ask Brandon. He nods and walks away to go do what I ask.

"Thank you Madison." Kaity weakly smiles.

"No problem." I say giving her a soft smile. I help her up and we slowly walk over to her bed. Where Brandon was just putting a trash can by her bed. I look over to the clock. 5:10. We still have lots of time before sunrise. So you can say we are A-Okay.

I give her a few minutes and she closes her eyes.

"Let's go." I whisper with a smile.

~^~^~^~

It's now 5:45 and you can start to see  a little bit of yellow. Not much but we are so close to sunrise and I hope the councilors don't care about us watching the sunrise.

"I don't really hate this camp as much as I did when I heard I was going." Brandon randomly says after a minute of silence.

"Yeah me too, it's actually really amazing here you know?" I say with a tired smile. He only laughs and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"How come we never talked at school?" Brandon asks me. I just shrug and give him a yawn.

"You sound tired." He points out the obvious. I ignore him and watch the sun start rise. It's so beautiful. Rays of yellow and orange surrounding the dark sky. Lighting it up to a blue. The sun slowly rises and I stare at it in Awe.

"My view is so beautiful." I mumble holding my head up and staring at the sky.

"Not as beautiful as mine." Brandon whispers thinking I didn't hear him. I blush slightly and look away keeping my focus on the beautiful scenery in front of me.

~^~^~^~^~

We stayed in our little spot until everyone else in camp awakened and the councilors didn't say much they didn't even notice us.

I'm hella sure you can notice the bags under my eyes even if they are designer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is so short 😫. Omg. But I'll try updating it soon. I feel like making this really interesting but yet I wanna use the idea for a different type of fanfic. Sooooooo. Hope you enjoy and I'm also adding more characters into this story if you'd like to be added