0.4

{Song for this chapter; Stay - Mayday Parade}

• Emilia's pov •

"Hey, Mom, it's me again. I was just wondering if maybe I could stay at home for a little while? I've been missing you and Craig a lot. And we need to talk," I said, playing with the ends of my hair. "Call me back when you can. I love you, bye."

I set my cellphone in my lap. Sighing, I pulled my hair all to the right side of my head. That was the second time I've called my mom in two hours. She usually picks up the first ring, which was what worried me. But, I knew she was probably just busy and I shouldn't let that get to me.

The real reason why I wanted to come home was because I want a break from this environment. Waking up at 7; going to work for 10 hours, every single day. Plus Tony and how he could literally walk back into my life in just seconds. Everything worried me.

"So," Karla said, walking out of her bedroom, a basket full of dirty clothes in her hands. "Are you going home for a little while?"

I nodded. "Hopefully my mom will let me stay with her for a while," I said. "If she doesn't, than no, I won't be going home."

She nodded, walking towards the front door. "I'm going to do my laundry. Be back in a sec." Karla shut the door behind her.

Great, I thought. Alone with my thoughts, again. It's not that I don't like my thoughts, I just don't like Tony in my head twenty four seven. He's bound to found out sooner or later where I live. And god only knows what will happen when he does.

My phone started to ring in my lap, vibrating my legs. I picked it up and pressed talk. "Hello?"

"Sweetie, you called me twice. Are you okay?" my mother's voice boomed over the phone. It felt so good to hear her voice. It's been a while.

"Uh, no, actually I'm not," I said, starting to play with the ends of my hair again. "I was wondering if maybe I could come stay with you and Craig for a little bit? Please?"

There was mumbling over the phone and I figured she was talking to Craig about it. "Hello? Hal, you still there?"

"Yep, still here, Mom," I laughed, getting up off the couch and walking to the kitchen.

"Well, anyways, you can come if you like," she said. "Craig said he'd pay for your plane ticket and everything. He really misses you, I can tell."

A slow giggle escaped my lips. "Well, I miss you both. See you when I get there, love you!" I said, about to hang up my phone.

"Okay, love you," she said before hanging up.

I set my phone on the kitchen counter, putting my head in my hands. "What did I just do?" I muttered to myself. Next stop; home.

~x~x~x~x~

"Hey, Mandy?!" I called, entering Pauli's Guitar Shop, the bell ringing with my arrival.

She emerged from behind the counter. "Yeah?" she asked, her eyes a bit wide.

I laughed at her facial expression and asked, "did I interrupt something?"

Mandy shook her head, smiling. "No, Em, you just scared me. Like usual," she said, a playful look on her face.

I stood in front of the counter, tapping my finger nail on the glass. "We need to talk," I said, my voice a little lower than usual. She started to get a worried look on her face, instantly wanting to know more. "Well, I'm going back home to San Diego for a while and I kinda need a few weeks off."

Mandy replaced her worried face with a relieved face. "I thought you were quitting," she sighed, smiling. "But, yeah, of course you can have a few weeks off. I understand."

I pulled Mandy into a hug. "Thank you."

She laughed in my ear. "Anytime, Emilia," she said. "I'm gonna miss you."

I smiled into her shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you, too, Mandy."

We may work together, but she'll always be more than just a boss to me. I don't want to lose her. Not now. Not like I lost Tony.

• Tony's pov •

"--And then she expects me to pick up the very first ring! I really don't understand girls anymore," Mike said, complaining about his girlfriend, Rosy.

Whenever he does these kind of talks with me, I usually drown him out and pretend I'm listening. It seems mean of me, but it just makes my blood boil sometimes. He really needs to learn to appreciate what he's got, because one day he might make a stupid mistake and she'll walk out on him. Just like that.

"Tony?" Mike asked, snapping his fingers to catch my attention.

I sighed, sitting up right in the tour bus' couch. "Yeah, I don't either," I said, adjusting my hat to the left side of my head.

"Anyways, what's the first thing you're gonna do when we get home?" Mike asked, looking to start a conversation.

I shrugged. "Probably spend some time with my family and my old friends. It's been a long time, ya know?"

Mike nodded. "Yeah," he said. "I know."

Vic and Jaime walked into the lounging part of the tour bus, sitting beside Mike and I on the couch. "So, what's up, boys?" Jaime asked, smiling.

"Well, we were just talking about how Tony can't wait to get home," Mike said.

Vic put his arms round my shoulder, which was quite hard for him because of his height. "And why's that?" he asked, turning his head to face me.

I shrugged, but I did know why I couldn't wait to go home. I was going to find her, even if it's the last thing I do. I miss her. I miss, Halley.

Author's Note;

its not that long but ya know I tried

random picture to the side of Emilia's hair bc bored

so what do ya think is gonna happen? is Tony going to find Halley? tell me what you think (-:

see yaaa

© 2013, PRECIADONT. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.