Chapter 1

( a/n - there is going to be slight abuse in this chapter, if this triggers you i suggest that you probably don't read this book as there may be a lot of this through out this book. thank you! stay strong and i hope everyone enjoys ^^ )

kellin's pov

*beep beep beep beep* 'ughh' i whisper, squinting my eyes due to the sun. I check my phone for the time, 7:07 am. Time for hell. I quickly get out of bed, taking off my clothes and hopping into the shower as the hot water drops hit my cold body. After washing myself I hop out, putting a towel around my waist and walking back to room. I grab my clothes, a black t-shirt with blue letters saying 'Vans', and a throw on a over sized plain black hoodie, after quickly putting my skinny jeans on I grab a beanie and style my hair into place. Grabbing my phone and backpack, I ran out the door and started walking to school.
----------------------------------------------
Finally I arrived at the school gates, walking in I could already feel all eyes on me. This happened every time I came, it made me feel very uncomfortable and honestly, I can't deal with people looking at me. I was already late for first period, which was math so I practically ran to the classroom. Once I walked in I could again feel all eyes on me and I hid my face with sleeve of my hoodie.

"Why are you late Quinn?" My math teacher, Miss Elizabeth asked. I didn't respond first, I just shrugged my shoulders but after 5 seconds of her staring at me expecting an answer "I missed my bus, it won't happen again" I nervously said. "Make sure it doesn't, take a seat Quinn".

Vic's pov

Currently I was in math, I couldn't concentrate though. All that was on my mind was the cute boy that had just taken a seat next to me. I knew I was gay, although I hadn't told anyone yet. It was my little secret.

Soon enough first period was over, i can't believe for 72 minutes i have been staring off into space. wow. When i was walking to second period, i had tripped over a crack in the side walk, just my luck i had fallen back, knocking the boy i had been dreaming about in maths to the ground. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, here let me help you" I nervously and quickly said while helping the boy up. "its okay, thank you" he shyly said with a small smile at the end. his voice was soft and he was very beautiful, along with is smile. "My name is Vic" i spoke, helping him pick up the books he had dropped. "Kellin- shit, i mean my name is kellin.." he spoke very nervously, putting his hand up to cover his face. it went silent and we looked at one another in the eyes. he had very beautiful eyes. "well oh i better get to class before im late again, thank you for helping me up and stuff" he smiled again, "that's okay, again, I'm sorry for tripping you."

-----------------------------------------------------

Kellin's pov

The day is finally over. Thank God. The Mexican boy that spoke to me today, he's on my mind. I'm not sure why, but there's something about him that i like. i want to get to know him. he seems very sweet.

Once i got to my house i can see my fathers car out front. i was hoping he would have stayed back at work late so i could be alone and away from him, i guess not. Straight away when i walk in the door i can already smell the strong scent of alcohol, which i gather is my father drinking. As i try to be as quite as i can, hoping he won't he hear me i hear a loud yell. "KELLIN" ugh fuck.i didn't respond, maybe he'll think I'm not home?. "KELLIN, GET YOU'RE ASS HERE NOW" i hear once again. I knew to go, if i didkn't it wouldn't end well. 'Yes dad?' i very nervously say. "you're fucking science teacher rung, he said you're failing, is this fucking true kellin?" he actually yells even though I'm standing right in front of him. "I'm sorry dad, i just don't understand it, i really am tryi-" he cut me off "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU TRYING, JUST STOP FUCKING FAILING" i didn't respond, i could feel tears coming to my eyes. He stood up and i instantly froze. he was standing over me, forcing me to back into the hard wall. he put his fist up and i squished up my face, knowing what was about to happen. Even though i knew what he was doing, you never expect it. I felt his hard fist hit against my cheek, and again and again. 3 times. i could taste the blood. Usually he only punches me on my stomach or back, just somewhere no one could see. This time was different. I knew a bruise was gonna form, although I didn't know how ill explain it at school.

I ran to my room. taking my clothes off leaving myself in just boxers and curling up in my bed. i still had tears rolling down my soft cheek but soon enough I started to think about Vic again, the boy i had met today at school. Eventually i drifted off into the darkness.

(A/N - how was the first chapter?? i know it was kind of boring although it will get better in the next few chapters! stay safe :)