Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Monti's POV

"Who is it?" Ian asked."What the hell man!"I said punching his arm. I got inside of a locker that was in the janitors closet. "It's Rhiver, is Monti in there?" I heard her say through the door. "Yup, she's right in here" I heard the door click and I could hear more in the hallway. "Where? I don't see her." Rhiver asked Ian. My bag opened the latch of the locker door. Oh shoot. I lost my balance and started to fall. I tried to grab on to something but it was too late, I fell out of the locker and into a group of mops."Aaahh, my ankle! My ANKLE! " I yelled.

I think I sprained my ankle. "Oh my gosh Monti are you okay? Does it hurt?" Rhiver asked me. That was the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I gave her a look like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Sorry" She said. Ian and Rhiver both grabbed and arm and helped me up."Owwww, it hurts!" I whined. I felt tears stinging at my eyes. In a matter of seconds I was crying.

"Shhh Monti, it's  okay, we're here, shhh."Ian voice soothes me. I tried to suck it up. and stop crying but failed after a few attempts. "Okay..." I hear Ian say. I felt a pair of arms swoop me up. I looked to the person and it was Ian. I wrapped my arms around his neck, Nuzzled my head into his shirt , and kept on crying. He took me out of the janitors closet. He kept walking somewhere. Suddenly, the pain in my ankle stopped and so did the tears. I inhaled Ian's scent, and it smelled like ... peppermints, cherries, strawberries, soap that smells good, and the ocean, and everything that smells good all in one.

How crazy do I sound?

Don't answer that.

"Monti, you alright? " Ian asked. I was so caught up in his scent, I didn't feel like talking, so I ignored him. "Oh gosh did she pass out? Is she dead? She can't be dead! I need her! She only hurt her ankle!" Rhiver yelled. My eyes were closed but they immediately opened when I smelled one of the smells I despised and that smell was the clinic. "No, why are we here?!" I whined. "Because your ankle is hurt." Ian said while trying to put me down on that bed but I would not let go of his neck, I refuse to let that neck go! "Monti, sweety you have to let go. Now let go!" Ian said trying to pry my arms off.

"Nooooo. Take me back to the janitors closet. Anywhere but here! Please Ian!" I begged Ian.

"So you don't want your ankle to get better?"

"It is better."

"No it's not"

"Yes it is!"

"No it's not, you were just crying!" Ian said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Well, I'm not crying now!"

"When did the pain go away?"

"When you picked me up!" He stopped trying to put me down. I let go of his neck and sat on the clinic bed. I looked up at Ian. He had a big smirk on his face. Suddenly the pain in my ankle started coming back. I  bit my lips down to try and hide the pain. I felt tears sting at my eyes again. I put my ankle on top of my leg and held it. I rocked back and forth. I felt a tear slip out of my eyes from the pain.

"Because there was no pressure on my ankle, of course" I stutter. Ian nods, not believing me.

"Where does it hurt honey?" I looked up and saw the school nurse standing in front of me. "My ankle." I whispered. She grabbed my ankle gently and slowly started moving it in circular motions. "Ow, can you stop? Please?" I asked politely while grabbing my ankle. The bell starts to ring and I jump at how sudden it was. I tried to get up from the bed but Ian put me back on the bed. "Oh no you don't. Your ankle needs to get better. Or if you want me to hold you again." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Your gonna be late if you don't get out." I warned Ian.

He bent down to my ear, "Don't worry honey, I've got the charm to pull anything off, they won't mind me." He whispered. He pulled back and winked at me before exiting the clinic. I waited a few seconds until I got up from the bed. The nurse was in the back somewhere. She came back in with a bag of ice. "Uh, my ankle's all better now, um, can I get a pass so I can head to class?" I asked the school nurse. She nodded her head and turned around to get a sticky note and a pen to write.

"Thank you"  I said. She turned around and I took this as an opportunity to limp out of the room while she wasn't looking. I quickly limped out of the room. I looked to my left and saw nothing. I turned to my left and saw Ian standing there with his eyes glued to his phone. I jumped at how he's just standing there causing me to stumble back and fall. "Ouch, that is the third time I fell today!" I said. Ian lowly chuckled and helped me up.

"Well, clumsy, that's your fault." He exclaimed. "Shut up. And can you pretty pretty please carry me to room D-25? My ankle hurts." I begged/whined. "Fine clumsy."  "Yay! Thank you!" I cheered.

I kissed his cheek. I can't believe what I'm seeing. Ian is blushing. "Are you serious,Eastwood?" I asked Ian. "Shut up and get on my back." And I obeyed and got on top of his back.

As he carried me through the empty halls, I kept playing with his hair, threatening to pull it all out if he didn't stop running with me in his back.

"Monti?"

"Ian?"

"Um, I just realized something." He stops walking, " I don't know where the room is."

After telling him where to turn and where to go, we finally made it outside of the door.