Chapter 13

"Sorry" He apologizes and loosens his grip but doesn't let go. "Ian?" I tap his shoulder. "Hmm?" He hums in response. "They're watching us." I chuckle. He pulls back and looks over his shoulder. His pinks turn a bright crimson  red. He smiles a shy smile and turns toward me. "Do you know them?" He asks me. I smirk. "Well, actually. I do not. Let us go and see what the fine folks are seeking in my moment of being crushed by you." I walk toward the house with my index finger on my lips, Ian following behind me. They open the door when we reach the porch. "Hello young folks. What may we do for you today?" Jack asks. I'm happy they got what i meant. "Well, we saw you fine fellows looking out of your window to us and we were just wondering what you were seeking in the moment." I smile. He nods. "Yes, that moment. We all saw. We just heard a noise come from downstairs and decided to check it out. We look out of our window as a loving family and see you two lovebirds hugging it out. Now isn't that sweet, Daisy?" He turns around to Daisy who was smiling greatly and nodding. 

        I send Jack daggers with my eyes for calling us lovebirds. "Oh, how long have you two been dating? You guys seem like a lovely couple." Daisy says and makes her way to the door. I give her the same look. She fakes a confused expression. I huff and smile. "Um, we're not dating. We're just friends." I say. "Oh, well you two sure are affectionate with each other. Come in, please." Jack offers and I oblige. "Um, Monti, I don't think it a good idea to-" I shush him and walk inside my home. I take back what I said about not having a home a few weeks back. I should be grateful that I even have a place to live and people who actually care about me living under the same roof also. I grab Ian's arm and pull him in with me. I take him to the couch and force him to sit down. "Now, What's you guy's names?" George asks us. "Well, young one, My name is Montiella Clyde." I say with a smile and look over to Ian. He shakes his head. "Well, he's refusing. His name is Ian Eastwood. Yours?" I asks, even though we both know the answer to these questions. 

        "My name's..." He starts. I give him a look that tells him not to tell him his real name. He nods and finishes. "My name's Alfalfa." He smiles proudly. "Ah, like the one in The Little Rascals?" I asks and he nods. Why would he say Alfalfa? "Well, Alfalfa, I saw a man with a blue shirt on looking out of the window also, mind showing me where the fellow is?" I ask. He nods. I will go get him for you ma'am." He gets up and climbs the stairs. "Monti, what the heck is wrong with you? do you see that we are in a strager's house?" He says once George is no longer in sight. "Oh, they aren't strangers. I know Alfalfa." I shrug, holding in a laugh. "No, Monti, they're strangers. Do you know what they could do to you?" He asks. "Of course i do. I did also take the same risk when I walked in your house and saw a tall man and nobody else." I retaliate. He rolls his eyes at me. "That's not the point, we a-" He's cut off by a cat jumping onto his lap, Gynger. I narrow my eyes.

        We meet again, my kitty. 

        She perks up and walks on to my lap and Ian stays completely still with his eyes wide open. I swoop her up in my arms and rubbed my cheek against her face. "Montiella, put that cat down! You don't know where it's been, or what it has!' He whispers. "Ian, want to go to my house?" I asks, even though he's already there. He nods rapidly and stands. We walk out of the door and onto the porch where I stop and look at Ian.  "What's wrong? Why'd you stop?" He asks me. "Well, you said you wanted to go to my house." I smile. "Surprize!" I say and lift my arms. "Hell, Monti, I thought you wer crazy for a minute. Wait..." He says. I think he's realizing that "You live across the street from me?" He asks, unsure. I shake my head. "You live across the street from me." I correct him. That was technically right because I lived here first. 

        "WoW." He said, looking at me. "You lil shit." He laughed. "At least I'm not hitting on a crazy girl." He laughs and I join. Wait. Didi I hear him correctly? "What? You're hitting on me?" I ask for verification, His eyes widen but narrow again. "No, you know what I mean" He shakes his head. "Obviously I don't." I say, remembering a scene from a movie that I watched. "Are we seriously doing this? You just quoted that girl from She's All That." He chuckles. That's the name. "Well," I roll my eyes. "Are you staying here or going back to yours?" I ask. I somewhat want him to stay here. "I'll stay." He said, walking through the door. I guide him over too the couch where George and Unckle Frank were sitting. Seriously, these peoplle just appear sometimes. He wasn't even here a minute ago. "Hey, Unckle Frank." I greet him. "Hi, sweetie, who's this" He questions, eyeing  Ian who stood there awkwardly with his hand in the pockets of his gray sweats. I've been tricking people all day, why stop nw. I turn towards Ian and send him a wink to let him know to go along with the plan.