Chapter 12

Monti's POV

The door swings open, reavealing a tall man with a suite on. He smiles and greets me. "Hi. You must be Montiella. That's a beautiful name. Ian has told me so much about you." He says welcoming me into his home. I raise my eyebrows and smile. "Really?" I ask him, surprised that he would.

"Yeah. You're even more beautiful than what he said you to be. Have a seat. Ian will be down in a minute unless you want to go upstairs?" He suggests and I nod. "Sure. Um, which room is it?" I ask.

"Here, I'll show you." He says guiding me up the stairs. I start to feel uneasy about this. I don't want to be alone in the hallway with him. I start walking behind him. "What's wrong?" He asks me. I shake my head. "Ian?" I call out for him, needing him to let me know he was in this house.

"Monti?" Ian called sounding unsure. I saw his head poke out of one of the rooms to the right. He smiles, "Hey, Monti." He waves. I wave and smile back. I look around the hallway.

The walls were filled with family pictures. Some of them including Olivia.

"Dad, I said I was coming down." He says to his dad. They converse for a minute and turn their attention to me. I have no idea what they were talking about which means that I have no idea why they are both staring at me. Part of the reason was that they were whispering.

I smile shyly. They both start laughing and I'm left here, dumbfounded. "Ah, she's adorable." His dad pats his shoulder before leaving us alone in the hallway. Ian looks at me expectantly. I narrow my eyes and he smiles, shaking his head. His eyes widen and look to his room. He quickly shuts his door and walks toward me. "Um, let's go downstairs instead of that.....room." He says and I follow him Dow the stairsbinto the living room. His dad had left already and now it was just us.

I take a seat on the sofa next to Ian. "Your dad's nice." I smile. wanting to start a conversation. He nods and sits back on the couch. "So..." I say awkwardly. He closes his eyes.

Fine. If you want to be like that. I can be like that too.

I shrug and sit on the couch opposite of him and sit back, closing my eyes. A few minutes pass by before I get uncomfortable and open my eyes. Ian is no longer seated on the couch. I get up and call his name. No response.

I walk toward the staircase and call his name. I hear the wooden floor creek and I know he's up there now. I climb the stairs and come to his closed room door that had the letters

"KNOCK BEFORE ENTERING"

on it in big bold black letters.

Fuck it, I'm a rebel.

I enter the room without knocking and find Ian with no shirt on, digging through his top drawer. My eyes widen at the sight of his body. His bare torso leading allvthebway down to his V-line and the comes....STOP!!

I think you've stared four minutes too long.

I tear my eyes away from his upper body and look at his face...his very handsome face...OH MY GOODNESS WHAG THE HECK HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU?!?

When I look up, he's looking at me like he's ready to explode. Oh, and he's tapping his foot. Great. Just awesome. I put on a big smile and slowly back away from his door, shutting it and running back downstairs. I walk toward the door, ready to leave when a voice stops me. "Monti!" Ian calls after me coming down the stairs. I slowly turn around, afraid of what might happen. "Yes?"

"Where are you going? I didn't scold you for ignoring signs yet." He smirks coming down the stairs. I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest. "Sit," he says gesturing to the couch. I pad over to the couch and sit with my leg over my other.