Chapter 2 : Forgetting Someone May Take A Lifetime

Cindy's POV :

  "Typical rich family." I mutter to my brother as we stand in the entrance of a huge room with tables and waitresses handing out drinks. "Ya think? They even have fancy decorations.. Let's go sit down." he answers while lightly pushing me to find our table. I look around, table 9.. I feel someone punch my back, I look behind me, "Ooh.. For once you look good." Rachel sighs in relief. "..Thanks? I rather be home drawing right now, though." I responded. "Want a drink?" she asks. "I'm seventeen, not twenty-five like you." I rolled my eyes. She pulls my arm, "You see that guy over there? He's number ten." I glanced over to see what seemed like the same man that had saved me this afternoon, huh..? Rachel smiled, "He's such a bad boy.." Maybe it's that guy on the right, then.. "Let's go!" she said while dragging me along. So this is what I curled my hair and burned my hands off for.. We stopped in front of two men, I looked the other way trying to avoid major kissing that was about to happen. I looked back at Jason who was chatting with other girls probably about skincare and fashion, that's probably better to hear right? I started to walk back as I felt Rachel pull my arm, "Behave." she warned. I shot a small but bright smile to the men, studying their faces, one by one. I swear the left one is the guy who saved me. Is he not? Maybe that guy has a twin brother. I stare at him for a second, our eyes meet, he gives me a smile before I look away. Okay so left one seems like a creep. Middle one looks friendly, and they all look rich. "So, what do you plan on doing in the future?" one of them asks me. "Uh.. I'm planning on being an artist." I answer. "Really? Jackson, you draw too!" another says while patting the left one. Jackson? Wait-- so the guy who saved me is.. Rachel's boyfriend. And yet she calls him a 'bad boy'. I cover my mouth trying not to laugh, "What's wrong, cutie?" one of them asks. "N-pfft Nothing!" I answer with a smile, "I'll be going now.." I quickly walk away, hopefully I survive this night.

 I fall onto the couch, "Kill me." My brother takes my heels off, "Number ten was crap, right?" I shake my head, "I don't know what is life anymore.. Am I seeing things?" I sighed. "Sis--" then we both heard the door break open. I cupped my hand over my brother's mouth and dragged him into my room. I put my ear to the wall, all I can hear is kisses. "This is awkward." Jason whispers. "Shh!" I snap at him. I can hear chatter outside, that followed with a hard slap. I look at my brother, "That's number ten gone.." I mumble. "You like her?! Sure! You can try! She'll never like you! Get out of my house, jerk!" I hear her yell. Moments later, the door slammed shut. I heard a knock on my door, I sighed and opened it waiting for her ranting to begin. "Cindy.. I need you to move out for a while." she mumbles while looking down. "..Are you telling me to live on the streets right now?" I ask her with a confused expression. "Tomorrow morning, 10 AM. I'll prepare a taxi for you, you'll have a room mate for the time being." she answers ignoring my question. "How long do I--" I begin, "Good night." she cuts me off while closing the door on us. "..Let's keep in touch, okay?" my brother says while holding my hand. I stare at the door, "Why is she going to this extent just because of a guy?"

  I sigh as I grab my suitcase, "..I'll see you guys later?" Jason nods, "Take care of yourself, don't get involved with the police, okay?" They pull me into a warm embrace, "..Why is it that I have to go?" I ask. "..The cab's waiting, you should go." Rachel says while smiling. I nod slowly, "Bye.." I walk out of the house, all of this is strange. The taxi driver helps me carry my suitcase into the trunk, I get inside the cab while having a last look at the house. Am I suppose to be in tears? This doesn't seem real. Rain begins pouring on the window, the sky looks gloomy.. A room-mate, huh? I don't know the meaning of all of this but, at least I'm away from trouble.. right?