Chapter 3 : Roommates

Cindy's POV :

  I stand in front of a white two story house with a small gate leading to a glass door, I take a deep breath and roll my suitcase onto the doorstep. I close my umbrella to take out my keys; so I'll be living in this place with another person.. I still don't get why.. At least I get to stay away from Ms. Boy Lover.. I unlock the door to see a grand living room with luxurious decor. Am I dreaming? Is this where I'm suppose to be?! No way.. How could our family even afford one person living here?! I walk around the house, how is this so big.. I walk into the kitchen, there's so much room here to cook in.. Maybe I should cook dinner for them when they get home.. I open the fridge full of vegetables, frozen meat, and beers. I'm living with an older person..? Oh great, a grandpa or grandma for a roommate. I start cooking the frozen meat, I wonder if it's a man or women.. I hear the door unlock, I turn off the stove and quickly set the table. "Welcome b--" I begin. "You cooked?" the man asked. "U-Uh, yeah..!" I answer while I watched him sit down. This man is.. "Oh, I should introduce myself, I'm Jackson. You can say I'm a typical son of a rich family." he says. Number ten..?! I watch him cut the meat and look up at me, "Hmm? Aren't you gonna sit down?" he asks. "Ah--! Yes, sir." I answer while sitting down quickly. "..Call me Jackson, "Sir" sounds too old." he says while smiling. 

  I turn on the tap, cold water runs down my hands as I scrub the plates. Out of all of the people in the world, why is it him?! Did Rachel even know about this?! I felt a pair of muscular arms wrap around my waist, I jump from the sudden action, "There's only one bedroom, you'll be sleeping with me." he whispers into my ear. I stand there, frozen, with the water running down my fingers as he walks away. Um.. What? Isn't he Rachel's ex..? How do you get over a person so quick..? I quickly turn off the tap and wipe my hands, cold.. I grab my phone out of my pocket, hands shaking, I speed dial Rachel's phone. One ring.. two rings.. three rings.. four rings.. no more.. Sleeping.. on the same bed..? But! I never slept with a guy..! How old is he?! Why is it him?! Should I go? No, that's a waste of money for rent.. I feel my phone buzz, out of battery.. I haven't even unpacked.. I drag myself up the stairs with my suitcase as I hear the water rushing in the bathroom. I quickly stow my clothes away in the walk-in closet, this is almost the size of my room.. I get out to see that old man with a towel wrapped around his waist with water dripping from his hair, "..You can go wash up." he says with a smile. God dammit, can't I just rip his face off?! 

  ..I didn't sleep at all. I woke up alone in bed. I feel like crap. I drag myself downstairs, who cares about brushing teeth when you live in paradise.. but with number ten. Hmph. I look around, there's no one. No sign of number ten..? My phone starts ringing, "Hello?" I answer. "Hey! How's the new place?" I hear my sister's voice. "Why am I living with--" I begin, "So! I got you a part-time or full-time job offer!" she cuts me off. "Job? What job? I'm too young for a job.." I mumble. "8 o' clock in the morning everyday, go to the company XXX" she says. "What why.. I can't! I have school." I decline. "..And that's why you graduated." she mumbled. "WHAT?! Excuse me?! I have not graduated school yet!" I deny. "..I pulled some strings. Ok now you don't have piles of homework your welcome." she says. "This is child abuse! I shall not go!" I shout. "Ok then I'll have someone drag you into a black van with a bag on your head with handcuffs. How's that?" she says. "Ok so basically I get to live in a the life of a twenty-five year old like you." I answer. "Okay I know you think I'm crazy.. But just show up, okay?" I hear her desperate voice. "..I'll kill you later." I answer while hanging up. Work.. I wish Mom and Dad were here.. I wonder who my 'boss' will be.. accepting a kid like me.

A/N - XXX means the name of a company, surname, etc in this story.