Chapter 8 : Family or Lover..?

Cindy's POV -

I hear my phone buzzing as I cook lunch, "Hello?" I hear a man's voice :

"Hi, this is XXX hospital, you're Cindy, correct?"

"Yes.. Why?" I ask nervously.

"Uhm, your brother, Jason, has been involved in a 'hit and run' incident. He is currently going under surgery."

...

"Miss?"

...

"..I-I'm on my way." I tremble.

------ Beeeeep -----

I drop everything and run out of the door, okay.. I've learned how to drive before.. This is no different. I rush into the car and speed to the hospital.

"..Excuse me! I'm looking for a paitent! His name is Jason XXX, please hurry!" I exclaim to the counterlady. "..Jason-- ah here it is..! Room 119--" I rush up the elevator, "115.. 117.. 119!" I push open the door to find my brother in the hospital bed, he looks horrible.. I rush to his side, "J-Jason! How are you?! Who did this?!" He looks at me in pity, "..S-Sister.. I.." he points behind me. I look back, Jackson is standing there. He looks.. sorry? I get up, Jason grabs my wrist and barley shakes his head. He looks terrified.. "..Why are you here?" I ask Jackson. "..I'm sorry." he says. "What? Why?" I ask. Jason pulls me closer, "What are you trying to tell me?!" I try whispering. "H-He.. Ca-Car.. Me.." he manages to say. Car? Jackson's car? And Jason..? Wait.. It was a hit and run.. I immediately stand up and turn towards Jackson, "You..! You crashed into him?! It was you who hit my brother?!" I burst into tears, "DO YOU HAVE ANY PRIDE?! You're rich, born rich, you can have anything you desire, so why do you do such horrid thing?!"

Jason tugs me by my shirt, "D-Don't.." He looks up at me, "I'm sorry.. I didn't--" I cut him off, "Just.. Just go.." He looks down and begins to walk away. "..How is this.. possible?" I cry.

Jason's POV -
( Flashback )

"Oh yeah, what happened to Cindy? I didn't see her for the past few weeks.." I ask Rachel. "..She's--" My phone rings, "Woops, sorry big sis, you go ahead. Remember to buy me that lipstick! It's 5% off today!" I accept the call, "Hello?"
"Keep your mouth shut." I hear.
"Who are you..?" I ask.
".." The caller sighs.
"Wait, you know where Cindy is?! Can you--"
"Meet me at XXX street. Now." the caller hangs up.

..I'll text Rachel later but I gotta see my lil sis! I hurry to the destination.

I look around, no one.. Maybe if I go on the street--
"..That should shut you up for a while." I hear from a man. I blackout right after.

Cindy's POV -

Jason starts tearing up, "Bro.. It's my fault..! I argeed with sis and did my part.. I thought this would make you guys proud.. I was wrong..! I'm sorry.." Jason reaches for my cheek and smiles, "You are my little sister.. I will never look down on you.. But why was Jackson involved..? Couldn't you be with Mike? He's a great boy.. I mean I would date him too.." I look at him, "Y-You knew..?" He smiles, "I want to see my little sister grow up as a beautiful lady and have a family with Mike.." He laughs, "..Ouch.. Haha.. I'm too obsessed with you guys.." I look down, "Sis.." he whispers. "Y-Yeah?" I ask while wiping my tears. "..It hurts." he says in a clear voice. I look up frantically, his blood pressure..! I notice Jason closing his eyes, "Bro! Jason..?! ..DOCTOR! NURSE! " I scream while spamming the call button. They rush in, "Please move away..!" the nurse instructs while I watch them carry him out. Jason.. Please be okay.. Wake up again.. Let me hear your voice..

I follow them to the surgery room, "You cannot go in, miss. Sorry." the nurse says. I hear my phone buzz, it's a text from.. that.. person.. My hand trembles as I tap it.

"Forgive me.. I'll be waiting on the first floor, minutes, hours, I'll wait as long as I have to. So please, meet me."

I clench the phone, this man...

The light goes off as the surgery is over.
I see the doctors and nurses walking out, "How is it?! Is he okay?!" They look at me, "..The patient has passed away at 2:53 PM. Our sincere apologies." ...
...
...
...
I walk aimlessly to the first floor, Jackson's eyes meet mine. I walk past him, "..Wait. What happened?" I look at him with a pale face, "Let's cut off all ties." His expression turns, "..No." He takes my hand, "Let's start over, I'll do anything, okay?" I let go, "..Since when did we start..?"

I walked around aimlessly the whole day until my classmate pulls me back, "Cindy! What happened to you?! One day you were at school but the next you went missing! Wait-- you look pale?" I turn towards her slowly, "..I--" Everything went black.