Chapter 1

I jolt upright. 'What the heck was that!?' I look at the clock beside my bed. '9:33... At least it isn't 2am or something like that.' I throw the covers off and make my way into the bathroom. I take a quick look in the mirror. My normally green eyes stare back all red and blood-shot. 'Was I crying?' Shimmering streaks trail down my cheeks, still wet. 'I guess that answers my question.' I wash my face and do all of my bathroom routine before heading out to get some breakfast. I turn my laptop on quickly then grab some leftover Mac n' Cheese from yesterday.

     "I guess I should be productive." I turn back to the job ads from yesterday, and start scanning. 'Nightguard at Freddy's Pizzeria... Nightguard at Freddy's Pizzeria... Nightguard at Freddy's Pizzeria... Wait... These are all the same!' I flip through page after page of wanted ads, but they are all the same. 'Ok... must be a bug in the system. I should go shopping while I wait for it to be fixed. I could ask about that job at the supermarket at the same time.' I slip on my shoes, grab my bag, and head out to my car.

     It takes awhile, but I finally make it to Finley's Supermarket. Admittedly, I had to use Siri, a lot. I walk in the front door and immediately get blasted by the smells coming from the bakery. 'I can worry about the job in a minute. Must check out bakery first.' I follow my nose over to the counter and begin to look at the freshly made donuts.

     "What's your favourite?" A male voice sounds from behind me. I look over my shoulder to spot the man from yesterday.

     "I like jelly donuts the best." I smile as I turn back to my precious donuts.

     "Would you like some, miss?" A lady behind the counter asks.

     "Oh. No, thank you. I was just talking to my friend." She looks over my shoulder a bit before a confused look flashes over her features. She seems to shake it off then replaces it with a charming smile.

     "Alright. Tell me if you need anything."

     "I will. Thank you." She walks away quickly while throwing the occasional glance over her shoulder. I raise an eyebrow at her behavior before turning around. "Well that was weird... Anyways. I never got your name."

     "Don't worry, it happens a lot. My name is Jeremy. Yours?" He thrusts his hand forward for me to shake.

     "Oh! I'm Vienna. Nice to meet you." I shake his hand before putting mine behind my back. "So, what brings you here today?" He rubs the back of his neck for a minute before answering.

     "Well... I didn't really have much to do so I thought 'why not see whats at the bakery'! You?" I think for a moment, deciding what to say, before speaking the truth.

     "I'm trying to find a job." He nods slightly, as if agreeing. "The strangest thing happened earlier though. I was looking through job listings but they were all for Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria." He looks down and studies the floor before responding.

     "Huh. Sounds like a glitch in the system."

     "That's what I thought!" We start to walk towards customer service in silence for several minutes before I pipe up again. "I should go ask about that job. I guess I'll see you later?"

     "Oh. Uh... Sure! Bye."

     "Bye!" I walk away until I reach the line up, then turn back. Jeremy still stands, watching. He jolts once he realizes I was watching him and starts to wave. I giggle and wave back before getting into line, where I wait until it's my turn.

     "Hello. How can I help you today?" The woman behind the counter leans against it and studies her nails while talking. I frown at her behavior, and wait until she actually turns to look at me before talking.

     "Uh... Hi. I heard that there was a job opening for a cashier?" She sighs, as if she had heard it a thousand times, then answers haphazardly:

     "Oh. That spot was filled last night. I apologize for the inconvenience. Next!" She waves me away with her perfectly manicured hand before checking her phone.

     "Rude... I guess I'll just go and ask around about other jobs. But first, I should get some food for at home."

     I return home hours later. 'No matter where I go. Everyone says that the available position was filled last night...' I turn on my laptop and go back to the job listings site.

     "Night guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria... Night guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria... It's still the same!" I groan and put my head in my hands. "I guess I should check out the job..." I click on the link and the description surrounding the job. "Work hours are from 12am to 6am... Pay isn't that great... It looks easy enough... Might as well apply. With my luck it'll have been taken as well." I send in my resume via email and settle down for a long wait. 'I should probably put away groceries in the meantime.'

     I barely finish putting away one bag before an alert comes from my computer. I put down the food in my hands and look at the screen. 'Congratulations... You're hired?!' I open the email and read.

     Congratulations Miss Flores! You have been chosen to be the night guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria! The hours are from 12am to 6am. The employee doors have a code to open. The code is 842593. You start tonight. Do not be late!

     I hope you will stay with us for a long time.
     Mr. Morado

     'Tonight!?' I turn to look at the clock. 'It's only 4 o'clock now, but that's still really sudden!' I close the email and turn back to the groceries. I finish putting them away then sit down on the couch, relaxing into the cushions. 'What should I do now?' I lay, staring at the ceiling for several minutes. 'If my job starts at midnight, then I'm going to be really tired. I wonder if I should have a nap before I go...' I decide that I should, and head into my bedroom. I lay on top of my covers and wait until I fall asleep.

     I wake up on the cold, hard cement. 'What?' I stand up and look around. The building from before stands across the street. The paint still drips from the sign above the door, splashing the ground in a steady rhythm.

     "Help..." A nearly silent voice calls from inside the building. Almost on instinct, my feet start to take me back to the building. I reach for the door, then hesitate. 'What am I doing? That man just came out covered in blood!' I try to step away but I cannot move. I try to turn around, but my muscles won't obey. Then my hand moves of it's own accord, opening the door and revealing all that lay within.

     A party room with banners and balloons. I step inside, closing the door behind me. I stand still and observe all that lay around me before I'm taken further in. I spot posters covering the walls of the room, each showcasing one of the animals from the sign. A stage lays to my right, complete with spotlights and curtains. I wander towards the back of the building, to a room labeled 'maintenance'.

     "We're in here..." I try to back away again, but am unable to. I open the door unwillingly and peer inside. A single light flickers above four animatronic bodies. Each lays on the floor with parts twitching. I walk closer. Blood oozes from various openings on each animatronic. Tears threaten to fill my eyes at the sight, but my body refuses to cry or run. The sound of creaking metal then fills my ears. I turn around slowly and stare into the dark corner on the other side of the room. A shape starts to emerge from the shadows, another animatronic. The large body heaves with each step, straining to keep itself upright before stopping only a few feet away. It's head rises until the golden face of a bear stares directly at me, and slowly starts to reach towards me. At that moment, I finally regain control over my body and run. I run as fast and as far as I can before blacking out once more.

Don't be afraid... It's only me.