Chapter 4

I wake suddenly, sitting straight up. I take deep breaths and try to calm myself down before shutting off my alarm, as it is already 11. 'Why do I keep getting these?' I get out of bed and get dressed before grabbing food. 'Alright, let's get this over with.'

     I walk in the Pizzeria and head straight to the office area, making sure to not glance at the animatronics. I take a seat in my chair and wait for the chaos to commence.

     "Ah... hello, hello! Uh, See, I told you your first night wouldn't be a problem. You're a natural!." 'I guess it's time to begin.' I boot up the tablet and start flicking through the various cameras.

     "Uh, by now, I'm sure you've noticed the older models sitting in the back room." I turn to the camera viewing the back room and look for the animatronics he speaks of. The first one I spot is a faceless purple rabbit with a red bowtie. 'Wow, no wonder they got rid of these ones. They look terrible.'

     "Uh, those are from the previous location. We just use them for spare parts now. The idea at first was to repair them... uh, they even started retrofitting them with some of the newer technology, but they were just so ugly, you know?" The next I spot is the head of the original Freddy Fazbear off in the corner of the screen. 'I agree with you there buddy; they are pretty ugly.' I spot another in the other corner off the room but all I can see is their beak sticking out slightly. I turn to wind up the music box again then flick to the main stage and spot Bonnie and Chica gone. 'Alright... Where did you go...'

     "The smell... uh, so the company decided to go in a whole new direction and make them super kid-friendly. Uh, those older ones shouldn't be able to walk around, but if they do, the whole Freddy head trick should work on them too, so, whatever." 'Well, that's a portion of good news.' I finally spot Bonnie on his way into the vent and Chica in one of the party rooms again. I watch as Bonnie starts to crawl into the vent slowly, creating noise as he goes. 'I wonder why Chica isn't attracted to the sounds Bonnie makes.'

     "Uh... heh... I love those old characters. Did you ever see Foxy the pirate? Oh wait, hold on..." I wind up the music box again then check the light on the vent. Bonnie's face emerges from the shadows, and I throw on the mask. 'I did see Foxy and he scared the life out of me. Just like this supposedly cute bunny is doing right now.' Bonnie climbs out and scans the room just like the night before. This time though he stops when he spots my mask and comes closer. My heart starts to race even faster within my chest.

     "Oh yeah, Foxy. Uh, hey listen, that one was always a bit twitchy, uh... I'm not sure the Freddy head trick will work on Foxy, uh." 'Oh, that's just great. An animatronic that hates my only protection.' I sit stock still as Bonnie comes close enough that I can hear each joint and gear working within his shell. Then his ear twitches and he takes off, heading to whichever room interests him the most. I sit, stunned, for several seconds before the alarm on the tablet goes off, indicating the music box needs to be rewound.

     "If for some reason he activates during the night and you see him standing at the far end of the hall, just flash your light at him from time to time." 'Is that why he left last night? 'Cause I flashed the light at him?' I hear banging in the vent to my left and quickly check that camera. Chica sits in the vent, staring straight into the camera with her empty eye sockets. 'Ugh. I liked you better with the eyes and beak.' She then starts to crawl further in the vent and I slip on the mask once more, waiting for the ghastly bird to grace me with her presence. She steps out of the vent and looks around the room, stopping on me just as Bonnie had. 'Why are you two so much more interested in me tonight? Bonnie barely glanced at me last night.'

     "Those older models would always get disoriented with bright lights. It would cause a system restart or something." Chica eventually loses interest and moves on. I keep the mask on for a few seconds more just to make sure then go back to checking the cameras. I hop through the different cameras until I reach the Parts and Service room. 'The old Bonnie is gone... Why is the old Bonnie gone?! I thought they couldn't move around!'

     "Uh, come to think of it, you might want to try that on any room where something undesirable might be. It might hold them in place for a few seconds. That glitch might be in some the newer models too." 'As much as that is good to know, Old Bonnie is still gone!' I put the camera down quickly and turn on the flashlight, examining the hall laid out in front of me. My eyes widen as I watch the animatronic standing at the end of the hall. It's unblinking red eyes stare me down as it takes small steps towards me, causing a loud groan to emit from its body with each step. My hands start to shake as the broken down rabbit comes closer and closer. 'Older models... get disoriented with bright lights...'

     "One more thing, don't forget the music box. I'll be honest, I never liked that puppet thing. It was always... thinking, and it can go anywhere... I don't think a Freddy mask will fool it, so just don't forget the music box." I barely register the phone call anymore as I start to flash the light on and off. Old Bonnie stops in his tracks and raises his hands up to his eyes slowly while turning his head away from the light. 'Huh. It actually worked.' I keep flashing the light as the alarm for the music box goes off. 'You better move soon friend. Or we're gonna have a surprise visitor.'

     "Anyway, I'm sure it won't be a problem. Uh, have a good night, I'll talk to you tomorrow." I snap my attention to the call as the line ends. 'Alone again... Great.' I turn the light on again, seeing an empty hallway. 'Good.' Banging sounds in the vent to my right, and I charge the music box quickly before slipping on the mask once more. Toy Bonnie comes out of the vent for the second time tonight and immediately turns towards me. He bends down to my level and stares directly into my eyes. I try my best to stay still, but unconsciously start to lean back into my chair. His eyes glance up and down while his hand starts to shift towards my mask. I lean my head away and start to breathe heavily, the sound echoing in the mask. But before Bonnie reaches the Freddy head, his ear stands on end and his eyes narrow dangerously, almost to the point of looking angry. Then the large animatronic stands up straight and marches off to whatever was brought to his attention.

     I let out a deep breath that I held in the entire time then relax into my chair, staring straight ahead for several minutes. I turn on the camera in a daze and recharge the music box. Glancing at the clock quickly, I make note of the time. '5:30... Finally...' I close my eyes and lean my head back, listening to all the sounds in the Pizzeria. Bangs and crashes come from various parts of the building. Faint footsteps echo from the hall before me and I open my eyes. I flash on the light and watch as two animatronics, Foxy and Chica, walk down the corridor. Both freeze as the light reaches their eyes. I sigh. 'This is getting old... fast. Go on you two. I'm done with all of this for the night.' The bell rings and the animatronics walk out of sight. I check the cameras and find everyone has returned to their original spot.

     "Finally..." I return to the main stage area and look at the three toy-like creatures. I shake my head and walk out. 'I'm done with your shenanigans for tonight.' I call out over my shoulder despite knowing they don't understand. "I'll see you tonight guys."

Don't leave us... We need you...  

A/N- Man, I haven't put author's notes in awhile... Oh well, here's one now! So... I pretty sure there has been some fairly substantial clues as to what's going on so far... If you got theories or anything I wanna hear them! Please? Pretty please? No....? Ok..... Anyways! 

Hope you enjoyed! - Grace