Chapter 8

I adjust the bag over my shoulder, making sure it's still closed, and walk into the Nightmare Pizzeria. A quick glance to my right shows that all animatronics are in their proper place and ready to begin. I take my seat and grab the tablet, preparing myself for the night ahead.

     "Hello, hello? Hey, good job, night five! Um, hey, um, keep a close eye on things tonight, ok? Um, from what I understand, the building is on lockdown, uh, no one is allowed in or out, y'know, especially concerning any...previous employees." 'That's nice but I'm busy right now.' I start flicking through the various cameras rapidly, barely glancing at each before moving on. Almost immediately, Chica and Bonnie have left their spots on stage, as well as the old Bonnie. I listen carefully for any banging in vents while putting down the tablet. Flashing my light down the hall reveals Foxy standing at the back, by the wall. 'Hello there.'

     "Um, when we get it all sorted out, we may move you to the day shift, a position just became...available. Uh, we don't have a replacement for your shift yet, but we're working on it." I flash the light until the fox disappears and wind the music box. I look around the cameras until I find the two rabbits and chicken. 'Don't even think about moving. I got a secret weapon tonight.' I open up the bag I brought to make sure it was still safe; thankfully it was.

     "Uh, we're going to try to contact the original restaurant owner. Uh, I think the name of the place was..."Fredbear's Family Diner" or something like that. It's been closed for years though, I doubt we'll be able to track anybody down." I check the camera back at the stage and notice that Freddy has finally disappeared from his spot. A quick flash down the hallway shows him standing beside one of the party room doors. 'Oh no you don't.' I take care of him just before the sound of gears and banging starts to come from the vent to my right. I whip on my mask and dig around my bag for my make-shift weapon.

     "Well, just get through one more night! Uh, hang in there! Goodnight!" 'G'night my friend.' Toy Bonnie makes his appearance just as I find my weapon, a good ol' stick. 'I feel so stupid using a stick against these guys but if it works, right?' I stand from my chair and ready myself as he grows to his full height. He looks down at me and just stares for a minute.

     "Well? What are you waiting for?" I whisper to myself as his head tilts from side to side. He shakes his head and reaches for my mask. I swat away his hand, with little effect might I add, and keep swinging. Little dents and cracks start to appear on his shell and he pulls his hand back to examine it. He turns back to me and narrows his eyes before disappearing down the hall. I let out a breath of relief before turning back to the cameras to wind the music box. I keep going through my normal routine of checking the cameras and the halls for a couple hours until a giant crash comes from further down the hall. I flash on my light and gasp when I spot Freddy, Bonnie and Chica all standing in a circle around an object I couldn't see.

     "What..." The three animatronics then turn towards me and walk in my direction. I flash my light many times but the three only cringe and keep moving forward. I finally just leave the light on and watch them grow closer. In my panic I barely register Freddy carrying something in his paws before I dash into the vent to my right, scrambling to escape the impending doom. I reach the end of the vent and poke my head out to search for any danger. Nothing appears so I climb out and hide under one of the tables to clear my head. 'Ok, all the animatronics are after me like before but now nothing is working to stop them.' I freeze when I hear something else climb out of the vent and stand up. I cover my mouth with my hands and barely breath as they walk around the room, searching for me. 'The Golden bear hasn't shown up either.' They finally dub the room Vienna-free and leave to look elsewhere. 'All I need to do is reach the exit and I'll be alright.'