Chapter 6

I stop before the door leading into my nightmare for the next six hours. I take a deep breath then start inputting my code. The door creaks open and I hurry through the building until I reach my small work area where the phone call had just begun.

     "Hello, hello! See? I told you you wouldn't have any problems!" I sigh and begin the endless cycle of cameras and animatronics. 'If only you knew my friend, if only you knew...'

     "Did... Uh... Did Foxy ever appear in the hallway? Probably not. I was just curious. Like I said, he was always my favorite. They tried to remake Foxy ya know?" I look at the stage where Toy Bonnie and Chica have already disappeared. Next I check the Spare parts room, thankfully no one has left yet. I wind up the music box and search for Bonnie and Chica, only to find them already in the vents. 'Man, you guys have gotten fast.' Loud stomps echo from down the long hallway. 'Ugh. I can't deal with you right now Foxy.' I flash my light down the hall several times then whip on my mask.

     "Uh... They thought the first one was too scary, so they re-designed him to be more kid-friendly and put him in Kid's Cove. To keep the toddlers entertained, you know..." Just in the knick of time as well, Bonnie crawls out of the vent to my right as well as Chica on my left. 'They've never come out at the same time before...' The two stare at each other for a minute before turning towards me. 'Oh crap...'

     "But the kids these days couldn't keep their hands to themselves. The staff literally has to put Foxy back together after every shift. So, eventually they stopped trying and left him as some 'take apart and put together attraction' attraction. Now he's just a mess of parts. I think the employees refer to him as just 'The Mangle.' Uh..." Bonnie steps in front of Chica and darts his arm forward, grabbing the bottom of my mask. His ear twitches and he pulls up, revealing my face to them. I grip onto my chair and just stare. A large brown hand appears on Bonnie's shoulder and pulls him backward, make the rabbit stumble slightly.

     "Oh, Hey, before I go, uh, I wanted to ease your mind about any rumors you might have heard lately. You know how these local stories come and go and seldom mean anything. I can personally assure you that, whatever is going on out there, and however tragic it may be, has nothing to do with our establishment. It's just all rumor and speculation... People trying to make a buck. You know... Uh, our guard during the day has reported nothing unusual. And he's on watch from opening til close." I watch as the head of Freddy appears from behind them. 'This is the end, isn't it? Sorry, Jeremy. I couldn't stay alive.' Toy Freddy's blue eyes flash to a bright purple and his smile seems to widen for a second before he dashes forward and grabs me.

     "Okay, well anyway, hang in there and I'll talk to you tomorrow." I struggle in his grasp as throws me over his shoulder and starts walking down the hallway. He stops all of a sudden though and I'm grabbed by another pair of hands, a golden pair of hands.

     They pull me towards them before setting me on the ground. They step in front of me and stare straight at the other three animatronics before them. I start to shake as I examine my so-called savior. His previously golden fur is covered in grime and is falling off in various spots. His left ear is completely torn off, with only a few sparking wires left to indicate anything was there in the first place. His arms are in a similar state, with wires sparking in various areas. 'What the heck is going on...'

     All four animatronics have a stare down before the three toy-like creatures start to move forward, hands ready to capture me once again. I finally bring myself out of my shock and dash down the hallway towards the staff exit. Loud footsteps thunder behind me and I glance back to see all four running toward me as best as they can with their lumbering bodies. Out of the corner of my eye I spot other broken down animatronics watching me run by but none make a move to give chase. I finally reach the door and throw it open. I don't bother to check if the door closed properly behind me but keep running, gasping as the adrenalin rush starts to wear off.

     I climb into my car and slump over in my seat, putting my forehead on the steering wheel. 'I can't do this... No more.' I drive back home in complete silence then head into my apartment. Before I know what I'm doing, my head hits my pillow and I drift to sleep.