12|| Thalia

It was finally time for the holidays. Since they were back in time, the demigods couldn't visit Camp Half-Blood, so they stayed at Hogwarts with Harry and Ron. Hermione had gone back for Christmas, like many of the other Hogwarts students, leaving Hogwarts very deserted. It was excellent, being able to sit in the good armchairs by the fire.

Harry and Ron were still trying to find Flamel. Percy and Annabeth continuously went on their library searches with them, but Thalia and Nico stayed in the common room doing nothing.

"I wanna Iris-message Will," Nico complained in Greek on the first day of break.

Thalia rolled her eyes. "Oh, be quiet. Just be glad you're not wasting any time away from him, since time's frozen."

"But still. It's been so long! It feels like a year!"

"This is why I gave up relationships."

"Nah, I bet you just knew you never had a chance with anyone, so now you have an excuse."

"Say that again, I dare you, Death Breath."

"Pinecone Face!"

"Emo Kid!"

"Goth Girl!"

"Skeleton Boy!"

"Sparky—"

"Hey! Only Piper can call Jason that!"

Thalia and Nico looked up from their banter to see Percy and Annabeth walking in from another unsuccessful trip to the library.

"Ugh!" Harry walked in with Ron seconds later. "How hard can it be to find one stupid guy?"

"You'd be surprised," Annabeth said, half smiling. "You sure Hermione hasn't read about him yet?"

"She probably has," Ron grumbled "But her head can't hold the amount of information Dumbledore knows in her head, so she can't remember."

"We'll find him though," Thalia said in a fake peppy voice. Harry sighed and flopped on a couch.

"I know I've heard of him somewhere though," he insisted, rubbing his scar.

"Relax, dude. It's the holidays! We're free!" Percy threw his arms back dramatically. Ron chuckled.

"It's cool, Harry. We can search better with Hermione."

Harry reluctantly agreed.

"So, you want to play wizard chess?" Ron asked.

"Sure!" Annabeth jumped up with a competitive smile on her face at the sound of 'chess'.

"Oh, you don't want to challenge ickle Ronnikins." It was the Weasley twins, joining in the conversation from their reclusive corner in the back.

"Why not?" Annabeth challenged, her hands on her hips.

"He's the best chessman in a century," George insisted.

"Oh, yeah? Well Annabeth's the best chesswoman in America," Percy defended.

"Really? Well, I challenge you to wizard chess then," Ron said, standing up.

"Deal. Best out of five. Winner gets the better chair by the fireplace." Annabeth shook Ron's outstretched hand.

>>>•O•<<<

"Hurry up Wise Girl," Percy groaned. The first round was still going; it had started over three hours ago. "I wanna go outside."