14|| Thalia

A few nights after Percy returned with ready eyes, Harry began to get nightmares. This made Thalia certain to never look in the Mirror of Desire, as Annabeth said. It was basically a bad thoughts beacon, which was not exactly something she wanted to experience.

But she didn't get any time to look anyways, because, the holidays passed and school started again. Though she wasn't sure which was worse.

They were sitting in the common room, eating chocolate frogs, because how better to spend a homework-filled afternoon than procrastination and intense anti-dieting?

"Snape can't try anything as long as Dumbledore's there," Annabeth tried soothingly.

Harry's fingers picked at a particularly sticky wrapper. "Yeah but if Dumbledore isn't," he began moodily.

Thalia shook her head. "I think he thinks if he refs the next game then it won't look like he's trying anything because he's too busy reffing."

"That makes zero sense," said Percy. "Just make sure you win, okay Harry?"

They might've just been undercover at Hogwarts, but Thalia wanted Gryffindor to win the house cup too.

"I don't know how I can play if he's going to call a bunch of penalties," the glasses boy muttered.

"Just break your leg," Ron suggested. Thalia rolled her eyes. That was like a Percy plan, meaning it sucked.

"I can't; Gryffindor doesn't have a reserve seeker," Harry complained, setting down a ripped picture of Wallace the Wilted and unwrapping another frog. "Dumbledore again," He muttered, looking at the card. "He was the first one I ever—" He stopped suddenly, and everyone looked up at him.

"I found him," Harry whispered. "I found Flamel! I knew I've read about him somewhere." He read the back of the card. "Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel!"

The trio didn't seem to notice the demigod's lack of enthusiasm of the answer. Hermione, eyes wide, jumped up and sprinted to the girl's dormitory with no explanation, returning just as fast. She was carrying an enormous book and plopped it down in front of Harry.

"I totally forgot about this, I borrowed it for a bit of light reading," she said quickly, flipping through the pages.

Nico snorted.

"Light reading?" Percy and Ron asked at the same time.

Annabeth rolled her eyes at both of them. "Oh be quiet," She and Hermione said simultaneously.

"They're duplicating!" Thalia and Nico said together. Then they looked at each other in horror.

Harry laughed.

"Found it!" Hermione pushed the book towards the other six.

The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Sorcerer's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.
    There have been many reports about the Sorcerer's Stone over the centuries, but the only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicolas Flamel, the noted alchemist and opera lover. Mr. Flamel, who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year, enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife Perenelle (six hundred and fifty-eight).

"See?" Hermione said excitedly. "The hellhound must be protecting the stone! I bet Flamel asked Dumbledore to keep it safe for him, because they're friends and he knew someone was after it, that's why he wanted the Stone moved out of Gringotts!"