Chapter 9

-The next morning-

AJ was still sleeping in the hollow tree when Applejack threw an acorn at his head, and said "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty! The timberwolves are gone!" AJ climbed out of the hollow tree, and onto a tiny raft where Applejack was. "We got to get back to Ponyville, and undo this mess you got us into!" The female alligator said. "Ah was not the one parading around with your phony baloney tiara." AJ said as he grabbed a stick with spider web strings on it from a bush, and Applejack began paddling the raft. AJ began to play with the stick like a guitar as he said "Music to paddle by." "Ah could use a little help!" Applejack said. "Oh. Ah will play a little louder." AJ said as he played the tune a little louder, unaware of a creature coming towards the alligators. "How about a little less picking, and a-!" Applejack tried to say, but gasped in horror as she saw the creature coming towards them. AJ and Applejack screamed in terror when they thought the creature was a timberwolf that was gonna eat them, but instead, it was the spirit of chaos named Discord who smiled, and said "I know that tune! Dippermouth blues!" He began playing his golden trumpet, and AJ smiled as he played on his guitar stick, and said "Play it, brotther!" After they played the tune, they shared a hug as Discord said "Where have you been all my life?!" "Where did you learn to play like that?!" AJ asked.

"Well, the bayou in the Everfree Forest is the best jazz school in all of Equestria." Discord said. "All the greats play the riverboats. Oh, Discord would give anything to be up there jamming with the big ponies." "So, why don't you?" AJ asked. "Oh, I tried once." Discord said remembering the time he tried to entertain the ponies with his musical talent, but instead, they screamed in terror, and chased him away as they fired their guns at him. "It didn't end well." "Uh-huh." Applejack said. "It has been a real pleasure meeting you, Discord. And thank you for kindly for not eating us, but we best be on our way." "Where are you going?" Discord asked. "To find somepony to break the spell." Applejack said. "What spell?" Discord asked. "Brace yourself, mah friend." AJ said. "We are not alligators. We are ponies." "What?" Discord said. He then laughed hard, and after he finished laughing, he looked at AJ and Applejack, and said "You're serious?" "Ah am AJ, Prince of Manehatten." AJ said. He pointed at Applejack as he said "And she is Applejack, the waitress." He went up to Discord's ear, and whispered "Do not kiss her." Applejack gasped, and said "Now, just a second! This corny pony here got himself turned into an alligator by a voodoo unicorn pony, and now-!" "Voodoo?" Discord asked interrupting Applejack. "Like the kind Zecora does?"

"Who?" AJ asked. "Zecora." Discord said. "She is the zebra voodoo queen of the bayou. She's got magic and spells. All kinds of voodoo." "Could you take us to her?" AJ and Applejack asked at the same time. "To the deepest, darkest part of the bayou?" Discord asked. "Facing rasor sharks, prick ambushers, trappers, and hunters with guns? No." He then laid his back against the tree, and started playing his trumpet. Applejack sighed in despair, and shrugged. AJ smiled, and said "Watch and learn." He went up to Discord, and said "Discord, that's too bad we can not help you with your dream. If only you were smaller...less toothy. You can play jazz to the adoring crowd without scaring them. Anyway, enjoy your loneliness, my friend. Goodbye." Discord stopped playing the trumpet as AJ walked up to Applejack who said "Cute, but it's not gonna-." AJ shushed her, and Discord said "Hey, guys, I just had me a crazy idea. What about if I ask Zecora to turn me into a pony?" AJ smiled, and said "Discord, you are a genius!" "Hallelujah!" Discord said. He picked up the alligators, and placed them on his back. Then, they were on their way to see Zecora.