Chapter 14

On the other side of the bayou, Trixie's shadow creatures found a few pieces of the balloons that AJ and Applejack were riding on earlier. Once they got the scent, one of the shadow creatures called his allies, and they continued their way to find AJ. In the dark section of the bayou, AJ, Applejack, Spike, and Discord were having some swamp gumbo, and having a few laughs. "You said "Hello.", and he said "What?"" Spike said as he told a funny story. "And you said "Get a ugly face in."" As they laughed, Applejack said "Anyone for seconds?" "That was magnificent, ya'll." AJ said. "You truly have a gift." "Well, thank you." Applejack said as she blushed while AJ gave her his bowl, and she filled it up with swamp gumbo. Spike looked up, and gasped as he said "There she is. The sweetest breezie of all creation." "Barb?" Applejack asked. "I want to meet this girl breezie." Discord said finishing off his swamp gumbo. "Where is she?" "How can you miss her?" Spike asked. He pointed at the brightest star in the sky, and said "She glows right up there in front of you. She really lights up the sky." He looked up at Barb, and said "I love you." AJ and Applejack stared in confusion while Discord laughed, and said "That ain't no bre-!"

AJ quickly grabbed a nearby pebble, threw it at Discord, and shushed him, Then as Discord started playing a tune on his trumpet, AJ attempted to pull Applejack close to him, but she pulled away, and said "No, no. Ah don't dance." AJ tried to pull Applejack close to her, but she pulled away again, and walked a few inches away from him, and said "Ah've never dance." AJ smiled, walked up to her, and pulled her close to him, and said "If Ah can mince, you can dance." As they started dancing, Spike used his tail to light up the nearby flowers in the water, and even used a pink leaf, and a green leaf to make spotlights. As Discord finished playing the tune, AJ dipped Applejack in a tango fashion. They smiled, and leaned towards each other to kiss each other, but Applejack stopped it, and said "Ah, Rarity's getting herself one heck of a dance partner. We, uh...best be pushing on." She walked away, and AJ tried to say something, But he held back in hesitation. He sighed, and looked down at the ground.

Suddenly, one of Trixie's shadow creatures grabbed him, and they began to pull him away. He screamed as he said "APPLEJACK!" "AJ!" Applejack cried out as she ran after AJ. Discord gasped, and ran after them. Spike flew in after them as he said "No, no, no!" AJ grabbed a branch, and held on as one of the shadow creatures pulled him harder. His grip slipped, and the shadow creatures continue to pull him away. Suddenly, the shadow creature holding AJ was hit by a magic beam, and the alligator fell into the water. The shadow creatures tried to get away, but each of them were hit by the magic beam. Applejack, Discord, and Spike finally caught up with AJ. They gasped as they looked up at a shadow coming towards them. Then, the shadow revealed itself to be Zecora who stepped up, and said "Not bad for a zebra with magical powers. Now, which one of you naughty creatures had been messing with the Great and Powerful Trixie?" Discord pointed at AJ who smiled, and laughed nervously.