Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

The Preparations

Monday, Lloyd had left early for work. Eric, Richmond, Pam, Sam and Trisha came to the house to start with their tasks.

Eric and Richmond applied for a building permit.

Pam, Sam and Trisha attended to the paper works. The secured the needed certifications from the proper authorities needed as requirements for the SEC registration. They three had brought along with them their respective laptop computer.

Toni had left for a job interview. She had also brought along with her the advertisement they had to post on the classified ads section of a newspaper.

She came just in time for the job interview. There were three other applicants for the vacant position of a feature writer for the lifestyle magazine of the publishing company.

Her interview with the female editor-in-chief,       Ms. Wilma Bartolome, of the lifestyle magazine went like this.

“We have been reading all your articles at the   UF – Vienburg’s official paper. We really have seen your potential to be a well-known writer. That’s why I had offered you a job here in our company but then you still have to undergo the screening process because other applicants had responded to the ad. So let’s start of now with the interview.”

Toni agreed, “Yes, ma’am.”

The editor asked, “How old are you now?”

Toni answered, “I’m already twenty, ma’am.”

The editor sated, “Your scholastics achievements are really excellent, Ms. Soliven. They are all written in your curriculum vitae. What I want to know about are more of the personal aspects of your life.”

Toni replied, “Okay, ma’am.”

The editor-in-chief instructed her, “Tell me more about your family.”

Toni narrated, “My Dad died when I was ten. My Mom remarried when I was twelve. I’m an only child. My Mom and my stepfather died when I was eighteen. I’m now living with my stepbrother. We had helped each other in order to survive after our parents’ unfaithful death.”

The editor-in-chief further asked, “Tell me more about your relationship with your stepbrother”

Toni described her relationship with Lloyd, “We treat each other like real siblings, ma’am. We’re really getting along just fine.”

The editor asked, “How old is he?”

Toni answered, “Twenty-three.”

The editor-in-chief inquired, “What’s his profession?”

Toni said, “He’s a civil engineer in a construction firm in our place.”

“I see,” the editor uttered then asked. “Do you have a boyfriend?”

She answered, “Yes, ma’am.”

The editor-in-chief pried more, “May I know who he is?”

She replied, “His name is Richmond Villanueva, ma’am.”

The editor-in-chief wanted confirmation, “Missi Tower’s basketball superstar?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

The editor-in-chief had deducted, “So you are that girl he has been courting for years? You had written about such on your feature story about him.”

She agreed, “Yes, ma’am.”

The editor-in-chief seemed very interested, “That’s really nice! Any plan of getting married?”