Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

The Challenges

April 25, 2011. Monday. Toni entered her office filled with so many flowers.

She went immediately to Richmond’s office, kissed his lips very passionately and apologized. “I’m sorry.”

Richmond responded, “You don’t have to, honey. It was my fault.”

Toni expressed her gratitude, “Thanks for the flowers.”

Richmond asked, “Do you like them?”

Toni uttered, “Very much!”

But their relationship hadn’t been the same as before. Richmond had sought the comfort of other women’s bed to satisfy his sexual need. Toni couldn’t give him what he wanted so he had looked for it in the arms of other women.

Toni had been aware of Richmond’s behavior but she didn’t demand him an explanation. She didn’t argue with him. She just let him do what he wanted.

May 23, 2011. Monday, Toni went to Olymvas City, Quisia to have her scheduled interview with Margarita Gonzalo, who was a pediatrician from a prominent clan in Quisia and was also to be married in a few more weeks to a self-made billionaire, Carlos Legarda, who happened to be an illegitimate son of a prominent departed politician in Quisia.

She was already on her way home aboard Lloyd’s car. She was driving on a super highway on Lano City, Piasco when a car behind her had unexpectedly gone uncontrollable when they were nearing a toll gate. The car had hit the back of her car in a tremendous impact. Her car had been sandwiched by the car behind and the delivery truck in the frontcar was drunk and it had somehow made the matters worst.rominent politican  for the month of May.  . The driver of the other car was drunk and it had somehow made the matters worst.

Toni was unconscious when her body was removed from the dreadfully-wrecked car. She was brought to the nearest hospital, the Lano City Doctors’ Hospital.

The accident happened at around six PM.

Lloyd received a phone call telling about Toni’s accident at around 6:30 PM in the office. Richmond and Trisha had already gone home aboard Richmond’s SUV because Trisha’s car had been sent to an auto shop when it had accidentally hit the gate of the Prime Builders Compound in the morning. Dex, Sam, Eric and Pam were still in the office.

Aboard Dex’s SUV and Eric’s SUV, all five of them went immediately to Lano City Doctors’ Hospital.

Pam and Sam had contacted Richmond and Trisha using their respective mobile phone  but the mobile phone of the two had kept on answering – The number you dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area. Please try your call later. So they had just sent them text messages informing them about Toni’s condition.

As soon as they reached the hospital, Lloyd had talked to Toni’s attending physician.

The doctor had told Lloyd that Toni sustained a lot of bruises and a few wounds on her forehead because of the broken glass but the worst was that her legs had been badly fractured. The doctor had suggested that she must be brought as soon as possible to the Filipinas Orthopedic Hospital at Vienburg City, Missi.

Toni’s release papers had been signed up by the doctor as soon as possible.

Dex and Sam had stayed for a while at Piasco to talk to the police about Toni’s case. Dex, being from a well-known family in the province, had been given due respect. Everything had been properly explained to him. He also phoned his family’s lawyer and filed the necessary charge against the driver who bumped Toni’s car. He had given the police his contact number. He also informed the police that Toni was to be brought to the Filipinas Orthopedic Hospital.