Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

Their Continuing Success

Separately, Lloyd and Trisha had slept the whole day of twenty-ninth.

On the thirtieth, Richmond and Toni returned from Hong Kong. They had been fetched by the Villanueva’s family driver. They had breakfast at the Villanueva Mansion. Toni had given his parents her pasalubong for them. Afterwards, Richmond had driven her home to Gelrose Place. 

Lloyd was cleaning the car when they arrived. 

Richmond didn’t stay any longer. He was as tired as Toni. He also needed hours of rest. 

Toni asked Lloyd, “Have you eaten breakfast already, Kuya?” 

Lloyd answered, “Yes.”

Toni said then, “I had shopped clothes for you in Hong Kong.”

Lloyd replied, “Thanks. So how was the trip?”

Toni imparted, “It was nice. Richmond and I just shopped most of the time and toured around the beautiful places there.”

Lloyd was already through cleaning the car. They had gone inside the house to the living room.

Toni had given Lloyd the parcel of clothes she had purchased for him.

Lloyd commented, “They are too much, Toni.”

Toni confessed, “I hadn’t spent a penny in any of my stuffs. Richmond was so insistent in giving me an unlimited shopping spree. So I had spent my own money buying you clothes and the rest of our friends’ pasalubong.”

Lloyd expressed his gratitude, “Well thanks.”

Toni pointed out, “We haven’t bought so many clothes for more than two years, Kuya. I think we just both deserve some new clothes for the new millennium.”

Lloyd said, “Well, we’re both earning well. The firm is really doing well.”

Toni asked, “So what had you done when I wasn’t around?”

Lloyd answered, “I went to Trisha’s place on the twenty-eighth. They had invited me for dinner. Her parents had contacted our firm to build a dream house for her brother who would be tying the knot by March. I just stayed here most of the time.”

Toni had suggested, “You should take a pleasure trip sometime.”

Lloyd dropped the idea, “Maybe in the future but for now I think we should focus more on our firm. I heard that there are other groups of young professionals are also planning to put up a firm similar to ours.”

Toni was surprised, “Really?!”

Lloyd confirmed it, “Yes. Eric had phoned me last night and told me about them.”

Toni concluded, “Then I guess we have to make our services much more excellent.”

“That’s right!” Lloyd had affirmed. “Aren’t you tired?”

Toni responded, “I am but I still have to process the articles that I would be submitting today. Richmond’s Mom had provided me with all the information about MGA’s consortium with the other networks all over the world for the New Year’s Broadcast. This feature will be on the year-end issue of our magazine”

Lloyd replied, “I see. But do get some rest as soon as you finished writing your stories.”

Toni uttered, “I will.”

By the thirty-first, their other six business colleagues-friends had arrived in the morning with all the stuffs they were to use in welcoming the New Millennium – the foods and the pyrotechnics.