Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX

Business Operations

Days had passed. By the month of May, the ground floor of the building was already set for business. Deliveries had been made. Stuffs had been arranged inside the store with a total of 400 sq. m. floor area. The remaining 100 sq. m. of the lot in front of the building was assigned for the parking area and the display hall.

June 1, Tuesday, the store had finally been opened.

The display hall housed the models of the products they were selling. At the center of the mirrored display hall was the miniature replica of the four-storey building along with the parking area and the display room. The interior design of each floor and the display room had also been carefully defined. The miniature models were Pam’s idea. They were also to provide miniature models for their prospective clients.

The sales had gone well. The ladies were taking turns on manning the store.

They had also purchased one delivery truck.

They had employed the first three employees they needed – a female salesclerk/saleslady and two male deliverymen/mover/drivers.

Sam and Trisha had both been admitted at              UF – College of Law. Toni was doing really well as a writer. Pam had engaged more on increasing her knowledge about things that might help her in interior designing thus she had enrolled in so many short term courses.

At the end of June, the second floor of the    building – the work place – had been prepared and furnished with all the furniture and equipment. Pam had taken in-charge of making the interior design of each of the eight offices carefully done according to everyone’s individual preference.

The center of the second floor was equipped with a big rectangular table with chairs for the office meeting/conference. There were also tables for their staff outside the office rooms.

July 1, Thursday, the Prime Builders office had finally been opened. Their parents, relatives, friends, employers and professors had all been invited for the event.

Dex’s parents, grandparents, siblings and relatives had attended the opening of the firm. They were all so proud of him. Dex had introduced Sam and the rest of his business partners to his family.

Sam and Dex had just been formally committed the previous night.

Sam had introduced Dex to her parents and siblings who attended the event. Sam’s family was so happy that Sam had started to take life seriously because she was the happy-go-lucky type of person before she had decided to have business agreement with her friends. They had really supported Sam in every way they could.

Eric’s family and Pam’s family had met again.  They had talked about Eric and Pam. They were all happy about the establishment of Prime Builders.

Trisha’s parents and brothers were also there. Her parents had also talked to Lloyd. Mr. Enriquez was really so proud of Lloyd that he had expressed his interest to have Lloyd as his son-in-law. Trisha’s family really liked Lloyd so much to be Trisha’s husband. Trisha was an only daughter. She had three older brothers.

Richmond’s parents also attended the event. His Mom had never failed to commend Toni about her stories in the lifestyle magazine.

The connections of all their families had been of great help to them. A lot of people had already expressed their interest on acquiring the services of Prime Builders.

Richmond’s teammates at Missi Towers had expressed their desire to obtain the services of their group.

Friends of their parents had also talked to them about hiring them.