due

🍦  

calum walked back to his dorm and sat on his bed pulling out his old diary from when he was in middle school. almost in every page luke was mentioned. about how amazing the blonde was, and how he never wanted to leave his side. 

he dozed off and about two hours later was woken up to screaming. he opened his eyes to see suan and his friends playing video games. "get him, get him!!" suan yelled cheering one of the guys on. there was three of them; not including suan. 

"um. can you guys quiet down? i get really bad headaches from my medication."

"oh shut up." one of his snobby friends barked over his shoulder. his hair was a hazelnut color and was curly. 

"calum, you can go down to the library and sleep on one of the couches, this game is pretty intense!" suan screamed once one of the characters died causing one of his friends to scream loudly as well.

cal huffed and walked out the room slamming the door and taking the elevator down to the library. he searched for the library but for some reason he couldn't find it. there were no signs and everyone looked nasty, and they all seemed like they did not want any conversation with a new kid. 

cal bit his lip and sat at a vacant bench and pulled out his phone. 

lukey cakes

the name was bright and cheery, and he could press it and his mood might change for the better. he's probably busy with lulu...or with lizard...his mom told him to call liz that. he huffed and pressed the contact holding it up to his ear. after several rings, luke obviously didn't pick up. 

he got up and began to walk around the campus more for thirty minutes and felt a vibration through his pants. he pulled it out quickly and his heart stopped seeing lukey cakes light up on his phone. "hello?" calum quickly answered and he heard a sigh from his phone.

"who's this?" an unknown voice spoke.

"c-calum...is this luke?"

"no, you've got the wrong number, boy. is this a prank call? i can call the police on you, ya' hear?" the man dissed hanging up. 

calum felt he was all alone, he knew no one, and his mother was not here to tell him it was going to be all okay. and it was not going to be okay...ever. he leaned against a building and sulked down.

-

luke swatted his mom's hands away from his hair as he groaned loudly. "i just don't get why you broke it off with lulu, she is a nice, caring, pretty woman."

"yeah well, i cheated on her with calum, i kissed calum when we were dating."

"why are you still on this calum thing?? you'll never see him again or talk to him again because this university isn't even close to our hometown." liz glared at the car in front of her. "you had two wonderful girls-"

"mom! stop it! i'm eighteen and i can make my own decisions!" luke rolled his eyes putting in his earbuds only for them to be ripped out. 

"we're here!" she cheered zooming into the parking lot smiling at the big ivy league college. "you'll be with the intelligent students because you went to private school. most of these kids went to a public school and think they can make it in this uni." 

luke huffed seeing most of the students looked rich and stuck up. he got out and took his luggage in leaving his mother behind. once he arrived at his dorm he noticed that in the far section it was neatly sorted out. he looked down at his phone and saw calum's contact name. he bit his lip and put away knowing if he called, the boy would reject.