sneak out

Sofia

"Honey I'm home!" I hear my mom say loudly from downstairs.

I was currently straightening my hair for the party, so if my mom came in she would think I am straightening it for the morning.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and I quickly opened my textbook and flipped to a random page.

"How are you?" She asks opening my door quietly.

"I'm fine.. just getting a little studying done." I fake smile at her trying to get her to believe me, even if I'm completely nervous inside.

"Good, and you're hair?" She raises an eyebrow and stands still.

"Um, me and.. er- Luke! Yeah luke, we're going to the.. library tomorrow to uh.. s- study.." I stutter and mentally slap myself because that was the dumbest thing could have ever said in my life.

"Um.. okay.." She says slowly with a confused look on her face.

I fake smile again to her, but she doesn't smile back. Instead, she crosses her arms and taps her foot on the ground.

oh god I'm going to get caught.

"Anything you want to tell me?" She says narrowing her eyes.

"Uh, no.." I say as calmly as I could and her face went back to normal happy mother.

"Okay well, I will be going to sleep soon. You should too. Goodnight honey." She said and kissed my forehead lightly.

After she left the room, I let out a huge sigh. Thank god she didn't catch me.

I check the time and read '10:12 pm'.

I quickly got up from my desk chair, and walked over to my door and quickly locked it.

I had no idea what I would wear, but since it's a high school party, I would have to wear something probably nice.

I only went to one high school party before and Luke hosted it, and it was really different to the birthday parties I used to attend to for my friends in middle school.

It was more like, girls in really revealing outfits, and guys smoking, and people with cups of who knows what in their hands. Not really my crowd.

I look through my closet, and decided to wear some light washed high waisted jeans, and a plain white shirt with a denim jacket over it.

Then I realized about my face. Most girls at parties wear 5 pounds of makeup on their faces, so I might as well put in some effort to look somewhat appealing.

But funny enough, I didn't own a lot of makeup. All I had was a small mascara that I bought without my mom knowing, and some light pink lip gloss my mom gave me when I was a kid.

My mother on the other hand, had tons of makeup. Maybe if I could sneak into her room and grab some..

What the heck am I thinking.

I quietly open my door and look across the hall to my moms room and see its open a tiny bit.

I walk slowly over to her room and open the door a little to hear light snores. Thankfully she's asleep.

My mom's a pretty heavy sleeper, so this will maybe be easy.

I walk over to her dresser and see tons of makeup covering the whole thing. I grab some things I recognize, then just some other things.

Once I'm finished I quietly leave the room and walk back over to my room.

I pour out all the makeup products and quickly put them on. I end up putting on some concealer, foundation, mascara, eyebrow gel, and red lipstick.

The shade I chose of lipstick made a huge statement, but I was proud of it.

Then I get a text from Ashton.

Ashton<3- I'm here. you ready?

I take a deep breath, and then respond.

Me: yeah, I'll be out in a minute

I couldn't possibly go out the front door because of the alarm that we have on at night, so I just decided to go through my window.

I carefully open my window and the cold air hits my skin.

What am I doing.

--

Oh my god these views keep getting higher and higher.