Chapter 9

The school day went by quickly. I'm pretty sure I failed the tests but I didn't care. My mind's been racing all day on what's been going on. I just couldn't wrap my head around it and I really wanted to know who the killer was. Grace was probably taken by him. I was so scared for her, and so pissed at the person who took her. And he took James' sister away from this world. The way he did it to was disgusting too. That had to scare his family. And I figured out he was really close to her too. I snapped out of reality when my phone rang. Ethan called me and said he was downstairs. I put on shoes and ran. Hopefully, today will be fun. 

*Walking*

"I really hope the figure out who this menacing horrible shitbag is."

"Yeah. So what did the police want?"

"Nothing really, they just asked normal questions they'd ask on TV."

"Oh." I was about to ask why he acted so weird but he talked.

"Hey look it's Kayla." 

She and Kyle were running and came up to us.

"Hey."She smiled.

"Sup bro,." Kyle said and he winked at me.

"He," Ethan said.

"Sup," I said in my deepest voice.

Kyle laughed, "Are you two on a date?"

"I have a boyfriend still," I said.

"Ethan?"

"Luke."

"Damn."

"I know, such a shame," I said sarcastically. I still needed to call Luke.

"Well, we'll let you two go. We weren't supposed to stop here anyways."

"Later losers." She slapped Kyle's butt and waved at us and took off running.

"You got a winner Kyle." I laughed.

"Hey, the sex is pretty gre-"

"Bye Kyle." Ethan interrupted.

Kyle laughed and took off.

"He doesn't explain what goes on in between the sheets does he?" I asked.

"Why don't you go ask him." 

"Ew."

"Yup."

We continued to walk around the park and ended up just getting dinner together. It was pretty late when we began walking back to his car.

"I hope my car wasn't stolen or towed."He said

"Did you park in a place that it wasn't supposed to be parked?"

"I have no idea."

"Well, I'll bail your car out if we need to." I laughed. "Well, I had fun for the most part."

"Most part?"

"The Kyle and sex thing kinda ruined a little bit."

"You're imagining him fucking her aren't you."

"DON'T SAY IT OUT LOUD. JESUS!" I shoved him and he laughed.

"So, have you talked to Luke?"

"No, I need to though." I sighed.

"Well, I hope you two make up. You guys were actually kinda cute together."

"Thank? And what about you? Any girls?"

"No, I'm gay." I looked at him. He didn't seem like he was.

"I'm kidding. No one's sparked my interest right now." He laughed.

"Oh, okay, I was like, really?" I laughed.

"Why did we park so far back?"

"Good question."

As we had small talk, the sun disappeared and a full moon shined brightly. The nearest street lamp was pretty far away from where my car was parked. As the light from the last street lamp faded from out sight, we got quiet.

Ethan's phone started to go off"Hey, I'll catch up with you in a minute." 

"Okay," I kept walking, I passed about two alleys and stopped near the third on to check on Ethan. When I turned around, Ethan wasn't there.

"Eth-"Someone came out from the alley beside me and covered my mouth and eyes.

I tried to scream and kick but the person pushed me down and held me against the ground. The person grabbed my head and lifted it up, I let out a small scream before my face was smashed harshly on the ground. Pain surged from my nose as the person did it a second time and everything went black. I was still there though. It was blurry though. I could feel the blood trickle down my face and the pain was unbearable. I tried to scream, but it was like I couldn't talk. Something was put over my head and I was being dragged when I lost consciousness.  

Luke's POV

I overslept so I decided to skip school again. I kept replaying the argument me and Bells got into. I really wanted to talk to her, but I don't know how to say sorry. I wish I didn't get so protective over her. I can't help it though, when I see her with someone else, I feel like I need to beat the shit out of him and take her away. Not to mention the weirdos out here nowadays. They'd go for someone like her too. She's very friendly yet quiet. I opened my drawer and pulled out the bag of weed. Why the fuck is my brain so scattered. I'm thinking about Grace being taken yet I want to smoke. Fuck this, I ran downstairs and hopped in my car. I went down to the river outside of town and put rocks in the bag. I stared at it for a minute and flung the bag out into the murky water. I need to change. I'll get nowhere in life and it's not healthy. I went home and told my parents I wanted treatment, I knew I couldn't get over this alone. I texted Bells.

Luke: Babe, I'm sorry. I was getting to protective and I know that now. I'm making a lot of changes and I want to begin by saying I'm sorry. I know I've been hard to cope with and that I'm an idiot sometimes, but I need and want you in my life. Text me back when you're free and I want to come over and talk about this face to face. 

Author's Note: Oh shit. It's going down for real. Ew, that was bad. Okay, well, I hope you guys like it. It's going to go downhill from now on. Well, for the characters. Hopefully, it'll be better for the reader. Although, people get attached to that characters and we end up feeling like shit with them. I'm talking too much. Bye!