Chapter 11

James POV

I made my way across the school, asking teachers if they knew any of Bella's friends. I hardly got any sleep last night so I pretty much just stayed up researching things to help catch this guy. After a while, I gave up trying to find the teachers she had and decided to go to the police. I called Luke and told him to meet me at the police department. 

"Hi sir, what can I help you with?" A blonde girl in a uniform asked behind the counter. 

"We have a suspect for the uh... missing people," Luke said.

Her eyes widened, "Uh, yes, please, have a seat. It'll be a minute and can you fill out this form?" She left her desk and went in the back. Me and Luke looked at each other, I grabbed the paperwork and sat down. As soon as I finished it, a tall, older, guy came out and his eyes looked troubled, let un-feared. "Come to the back with me please." He said sternly. We both got up and followed him.

"My name's Officer Johnson. You said you had a suspect?" 

"Yes, sir. We think it's Ethan Williams."

He scribbled down a few things, "Why do you think it's him?"

"My sister...she was one of the victims and I know she was hanging out with him a lot and one of the last people she hung out with." I looked at Luke.

"Bel-Isabella, my girlfriend was around him last when she disappeared. It was the same night..."

"Is that all the evidence you have?" He wrote that down and looked up at both of us.

"Yes sir, I know it's not a lot, but I really do think it's him."

"I'll be right back." He got up and left the room.

"Do you think he'll look into it?" Luke asked.

"I hope so. Did we not have enough evidence?"

"I have no idea."

"I tried to find all her teachers and asked who she was hanging out with, but today there was no school so, they weren't there..."

"Damn. I don't really know any of Bell's friends so I couldn't do anything."

The officer came into the room with another cop and a picture of Ethan, "Is this him?"

"Yes, sir," James said.

He looked at the officer, "Is this the guy who was acting weird around you guys?"

"Yeah, he was with Isabella Taylor too."

"Okay, gentlemen, thank you for your cooperation. We'll look into the Ethan character and let you know if we find anything."

"Thank you." We said at the same time. We shook both of their hands and left the police station.

"Dude, that was intense."

Luke was shaking. He nodded his head.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh, I had a drug problem and I'm trying to stop...it's not working out"

"Are you going to a rehab?"

"No."

"You should probably go. You could kill yourself."

"I know, I'm going to ask my parents today."

"Okay, well, good luck bro. I'm going to go back to the school and ask around."

"I'll go with you."

"Really dude, go home and tell your parents..."

He thought for a minute and nodded his head. We walked back to our cars. On my way back to the school I saw Ethan walking down an alley, he was also with a guy and girl. I parked my car and took off running to them.

"Ethan!" I yelled. He turned around and just stared at me.

"Who are you?"

"James, I'm one of Bella's friends."

"Oh, it's really sad what happened to her..." The girl said. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Yeah, did she tell you about us or something?" The guy said hugging the girl.

"Yes." That didn't sound convincing at all. Ethan looked me up and down. 

"Hey guys, I'll just meet you at the library okay." He said to the girl and guy.

"Okay." The guy said and walked off with the girl. He waited five minutes before he spoke.

"Let me guess. You think I'm the killer?"

"Yup."

"Well, what's your proof and what are you going to do about it?"

"I have my reasoning and proof."

"Then why the fuck are you talking to me?"

"Because I wanted to see if you were who you were."

"Hilarious. Anyways, I'd love to stay and continue this conversation, but I have friends I need to go meet."

"Fine."

Ethan turned around and walked away. I waited until he was certain ways away before I began walking. I have no idea why I even did this. I just felt like I needed to see who this jackass was. It made me feel better that possibly met the guy who took my sist- I froze. Something pierced my skin. It hurt like hell too. I fell to the ground and turned to see who did it. Ethan.

"Go say hi to your sister for me James." He smiled and dug a bloody knife into my stomach, I tried to scream out in pain, but I couldn't.  He dragged the knife up my body and I started to cry. The pain was too much, I was choking on my own blood. He knelt down and put the knife right up to my neck. He smiled again. I closed my eyes and let the tears fall. I was defenseless. I couldn't move, breath, and I was scared to open my eyes. I felt the knife go through my skin.