Chapter 4- To Be Meeting Allies and Making Enemies

I wave and smile, glad to have some attention on me. But then I hear a loud cheer from behind me, and I turn around. There is District 12, completely stealing the show. I forget about the people around me, who will undoubtedly by betting on my life. I'm shocked, I'm jealous, and I'm about to climb out of my chariot and freaking KILL them.

"Some of this must register on my face, because Cato turns around, and he sees it too. I turn back around abruptly, and completely forget about smiling, or being friendly. My face is set in a frown, no one noticing me now.

"I hate them," I state to Cato bluntly, in a whisper of course.

"We'll kill them. After District Eleven, of course. They'll be dead. Very dead," Cato whispers back.

"I like that plan," I grin. We get to the end of the parade, and if I'm upset about their fiery debut, Glimmer is furious. If Katniss and Peeta are on fire, she'll be on fire too.

"I'm going to kill her, and it will be long, drawn out, dramatic, and great! I hate her!" Glimmer vents. I look at her, seething but beautiful.

"Don't let it show. We'll act like we don't care. Then we'll win. Got it, Glimmer?" I say.

"Got it. But we will kill her. Painfully!" she screams as she composes herself. Cato goes over and starts talking to District Four.

"You know, you do kind of look like a statue, Clove..." Glimmer says.

This gives me an idea. I walk over to a black section of stone that almost exactly matches the (fake) color of my skin. I walk over to it and stand very still. I get into what Karma always calls my Dreamy Face, which what I look like when I'm daydreaming. My head is up, I'm smiling slightly, and I'm looking at a seemingly random point.

"Oh my God," I hear someone say in a whisper. I don't respond, but I give a nod that tell her that I know. I hear the Capitol streets, the parties going on below. It sounds great down there.

"Where's Clove?" I hear Cato ask Glimmer.

"I don't know, I think she went to the bathroom," I hear Glimmer say.

I sit like this, hardly breathing, for about a minute. I hear footsteps, coming towards me. I make sure to stay very still.

"What a great statue," I hear someone say. I think it may be Peeta from Twelve. I wait for a bit.

"It is," I hear a voice. I'm almost completely certain it's Katniss. She moves her arm, and I turn around and let out a small scream. This makes them jump, and makes me laugh.

"What was that for?" Katniss hisses.

"Fun. You should try it sometime," I smirk. This earns a chuckle from Mr. Marvelous, Cato, and Salmon (who I'm now going to call Fishy) and a loud laugh from Glimmer, Phillipa (District Four, I'm pretty sure), and from small Rue over in the garden. I walk off of the pedestal and over to Glimmer and Phillipa (who I'm not going to call Fish Girl).

"That was brilliant!" they both shout, laughing.

"Thank you, I'm here on Wednesdays and Fridays," I say, which gets me another laugh. Then they start talking about the other boy tributes.

"I definitely like Cato the best, he's just so great. Plus, I think he likes me!" Glimmer exclaims.

"I like Thresh more. He's got this kind of tough guy thing going on, I like it..." I hear Fish Girl say.

"More like tough idiot. He refused to become a Career, the nitwit. And I'm pretty sure Cato wants him dead for that," I say as Thresh walks by me. He gives me a glare that brings on a grin. I look down on the Capitol and smile. Tonight is the night for making friends and enemies.