Chapter 11- To Be Tribute-Hunting

It's not just drips, it's a downpour now. It's dark and raining. I'm certain all cameras are on Cato and Marvel, who are fighting over Glimmer. Glimmer at least has the decency to look ashamed.

"What you did to them is sick. You do know that, right?" I hiss at her.

"Yeah."

"No, I don't think you do. How would you feel if you were madly in love with someone, and then found them hooking up with your friend?" I hiss again.

"I'd feel like shit," she admits.

"We should go back to camp," I announce, loudly enough for everyone to hear.

"Let's go, then," Cato agrees. He walks up next to me, and looks angry and betrayed. I don't blame him.

Glimmer and Marvel follow a little behind us. They're whispering among themselves. I slip a little behind the, close enough to eavesdrop, yet far enough away not to get caught for it.

"I just feel so bad!" Glimmer says.

"Lie. You only feel bad because you got caught," I say, coming in right behind her.

"You scared me, Clove!" she cries.

"You scarred Cato for life," I remind her. I don't care how much I freaked her out. She can fall down a cliff and die, for all I care.

"Not for life. God Clove, dramatic much?" she says, rolling her eyes.

"Think about it, if you are even capable of thought. We all have our days numbered. So yeah, you probably did scar him for life. God Glimmer, airhead much?" I mimic her, and then walk away, towards Cato.

"Wow, dramatic faceoffs are your thing, Clove," Cato says.

"Pretty much," I agree.

"How long did you know?" he asks.

"Since last night. I ran away because I knew what Glimmer was doing to you, and I couldn't stand to watch," I admit.

"It would have been better coming from you," he says.

"No, you wouldn't have believed me. And now, you would have to deal with the fact that you were wrong, and all of what happened there. It doesn't look like it, but it's a lot better this way," I say. God, I sound like a bad psychologist.

"Good point. But when did you become an optimist?" he asks.

"Never. Sometimes those optimists are right, though," I point out.

"I guess so..." he says.

"Don't guess, know!" I tell him. Where do I come up with this? Why am I asking myself questions?

"Fine, Miss Confident. I know."

'You better know, Mr. Depressed," I joke.

"Come on, we're here," he says as we walk into our camp.

"Fish Face and Lover Boy,

Cato and I went looking for Glimmer and Marvel. Don't freak out. We need your help, so actually move your lazy asses and help us.

Love (not),

Cato and Clove," I hear Peeta say, reading the letter I left for him and Fish Face.

'So should we do as Clove said and move our lazy asses? God, I hate her," Fish Face complains.

"Love you too, Fish Face," I smirk, confidently walking towards her.

"Go die in a hole," she says.

"You too, darling. We found them, by the way," I tell her.

"Where are they?" she asks me, her annoying voice unnaturally high.

"They're coming," I say.

"Okay," she says, still sounding nervous.

We wait silently for a while, hoping that they aren't hopelessly lost. They come out of the woods, breathless and messy. Cato sees them, and goes right back to the tent. It's getting dark, and we're going to need our strength for tomorrow, because something tells me that Cato is ready to find Katniss. I don't know what though.

Glimmer and Marvel are our guards, and Fish Face, Lover Boy, and I all head back into the tent. Cato turns away from all of us, and I lay down next to me, but not right next to him. I don't want to look like a creeper, after all. I look up at the ceiling, and let the steady drip, drip, drip of the rain lulls me to sleep.

"Wake up, Clove!" Cato says. He sounds ready to go, ready to hunt, ready to kill.

"I'm up!" I declare, jumping up.

"Okay. Come on, let's get everyone else up," he says. He shakes Lover Boy, and I head outside to see if our guards made it through the night. They're dead asleep. I just feel so safe around them.

"Get up, love birds. We're going somewhere," I tell them.

"Fine," Marvel mutters. He pokes Glimmer, and they start making out. I leave them.

"Are they up?" Cato asks me.

"Yeah, you could put it that way," I grumble, grabbing some water. I pass some out to everyone else, and we drink up.

"Today we're going to find her," Cato whispers in my ear. I nod. I believe him. We're going to find her, and we're going to kill her. We walk out in the woods for awhile, slipping in and out of the trees.

We see her up in the tree.

"Hello, how's the weather down there?" Katniss says, teasing us.

"Kind of hot. How about I go up there, I bet it's much nicer," Cato says, moving towards the tree.

"Here, take this," Glimmer says, handing him the bow and arrows. I see her betrayed expression, and I smirk.

"No, I'll do better with my sword," he says, pulling out the sword I found for him at the Bloodbath. He starts to climb the tree, but she's lighter and a much better climber. Some of the branches are breaking under Cato, and Katniss is so much higher up. We can't get her. Glimmer tries to shoot her with an arrow, but it hits a nearby tree. She retrieves it, and teases us with it, hanging it over our heads.

"Just let her be. She'll come down eventually, and we'll get her then," Peeta suggests. We set up camp near the tree, and do what we usually do. Cato and Lover Boy set up the tent, I organize the food, water, and weapons with Marvel, and Glimmer and Fish Face lay around and giggle.

We're set up nicely. According to the sky, there have been no deaths. We all head to sleep.

I hear a faint buzzing. Unfamiliar buzzing. My eyes pop right open, and I bolt. I see the mutation, and I know what they are, and they do.

Tracker jackers.