Easter

Karai's eyes fluttered open. She sat up and stretched then. A knock came from her door and her biological father, Splinter, entered. "Good morning, daughter." she heard his voice say. Karai rubbed her eye while she said, "Good morning, Fath--"
Karai suddenly stopped and began laughing at the sight of the ever-so regal looking Splinter with large bunny ears perched on top his head. Splinter sighed with a smile. "Happy Easter, too." was what he said before walking off. Oh, I forgot. Today is supposed to be Easter. Karai thought to herself. She got up and headed to the living room area of the lair where everyone else was. There, she found Splinter (still wearing his ears) and Casey Jones with April O'Neil . "Hey, Karai." Casey greeted her happily. April greeted her with a smile. "Hi everyone." she greeted in return. She frowned in bafflement. "Where are the turtles?" she asked. April spoke up this time. "We asked Master Splinter the same thing. He said they'll be in here soon. They're making up some kind of surprise, I think?" she said.
Now Karai was really intrigued. What exactly were those boys up to? Knowing them, Karai knew that it was going to be something very interesting. She decided to wait just like everyone else was and prepared herself a cup of her morning tea. Minutes later, while Karai sipped her tea at the dinner table, a voice that sounded like Michelangelo's shouted, "HAPPY EASTER, EVERYBODY!"
Casey had burst out laughing and April gasped and covered her mouth. Karai looked over and was amazed at what she saw: the four Hamato brothers were standing in front of everyone with baskets full of colorfully painted eggs. But that wasn't what had everyone in awe.
They had their shells and carapaces painted in splashes and designs of bright colors too!

Splinter chuckled at his sons' creation while they began handing out the eggs, which turned out to be little Faberge-esque cases filled with candy. Leonardo approached Karai. "Wow. Just...wow." she snickered. "It was Mikey's idea. I never thought I would say it about him, but, it turned out to be a pretty good idea." Leo said, gesturing at his now brilliantly colored shell. He turned around so she could get a better look at the design: it was a tie dye pattern of blues with a white and green tribal-like design all over. It was truly impressive. "Did you paint this yourself?" Karai questioned. "No. Raphael did mine as well Mikey and Donnie's. We all pitched in to paint his. Gotta hand it to the guy; he's pretty good." Leo said. Karai nodded in agreement. They both watched as Mikey started to juggle eggs, Donnie bashfully presenting some of his eggs to April, and Raphael and Casey getting into an egg fight. Splinter sighed with a shake of his head before going off to fetch the broom. "Oh!" Leo spoke up. He reached into his basket and pulled out an egg with blue and red painted all over it in swirls. "I was gonna give you this." he said, handing the egg over to her.
Karai gazed at the egg. Nobody had ever given her a gift, not even on her birthday or Christmas. Karai softly stuttered, "..F-for me?" Leonardo nodded with a smile. She gingerly picked up the egg and opened it. Inside was a yellow candy bag with red Japanese text on it. She couldn't believe it. "Sweet Star Gummies?" she whispered. Leo blushed and shifted his feet. "They're your favorite kind, aren't they?" he bashfully asked.
"Totally, but...how did you know? And...how did you get these? I thought they were only sold in Japan."
"'Cause you're my friend, Karai and we're family. And I found them on the internet. Donnie helped me out a bit."
Karai was having a hard time believing what was happening. She couldn't recall anyone ever doing something like this for her. It was.....rather nice. She blinked back her tears and smiled at Leonardo. "Thank you, Leonardo. I love it." she said. Leo smiled back at her. "No problem, Karai." he said.