Rest

*This one's also in celebration of the first day of the most wonderful time of the year---AUTUMN!!:D!!"

THUD

The sound came softly due to the smooth ground of fresh green grass when the hard and heavy shell made impact against it. Leo tiredly purred, his eyes closed as he faced up to the tree's branches, its leaves waning and changing from a simple, light green to artful pieces of blazing oranges and reds, sunny yellows, and crispy browns. His katanas were stabbed into the Earth next to him, who was now lying on his shell-covered back with his limbs spread out. Gentle breezes of cool and calming wind brushed against him and his eyes were now lazily half-opened to gaze up at the fog-ish sky, now painted with pale grey similarly to a watercolor picture.
A curved figure stood in the corner of his eyes. Leo looked up at an ivory face with smirking red lips and wide-set, honey eyes giving a 'Seriously?' look. "Tired, already?" Karai said.
"Exhausted." Leo corrected her. She snickered. Karai lied her blade down on the ground and sat herself down next to the blue-clad turtle. Her eyes were focused on the sky and branches now as she leaned her back against the tree's thick trunk and had her arms crossed over her chest. Leo positioned his long and muscular arms under his head to act as a pillow for them.
The young ninjas watched the recently changed nature around them with bliss surrounding them both. Karai huffed a content sigh and closed her eyes in total peace. "I love Autumn." she said in a monotone voice. "Why?" Leo asked, curious. She shrugged and explained, "I just do, always have. I mean, it's a beautiful season. Great weather that's not cold and not hot, nice scenery, and Halloween and all that."

Leo chuckled. Though, he had to agree with her. Autumn was a wonderful season with its lovely change in nature, its nicely cool weather, and the festivities that came with the season. "I always thought that Fall was the Earth's way of replenishing itself. Blowing off some steam and going through a change, y'know." he said.
"Like how caterpillars crawl up in cocoons and come out as butterflies?"
"I guess. Just in reverse and on repeat."
"Makes sense. Perhaps Fall is when the world goes into hibernation, take a nap."
"Exactly."
A batch of leaves glided down on both of them, then. A few got in Karai's hair and some were now lying on Leo's plastron. Karai shook her head like a dog shaking off water and batted at her hair to get the leaves out. Leo only looked at the leaves on his plastron. He was interested by how the leaves weren't the same colors; they varied from deep red and vibrant orange to earthy brown and bright yellow. He picked up some, one of each color, and carefully observed them all together between his fingers. The way they clashed together was so beautiful.
Another breeze drifted through and Leonardo loosened his grasp of the leaves and watched them glide through the air together in a flock like birds gliding by until they were sliding through the cement sidewalks of the park.
He turned to Karai. She sat with her legs lying flat on the grass before her, her back and head against the tree, and her eyes closed and a smile playing at the corners of her lips. Leonardo couldn't resist smiling a little at the normally fierce kunoichi appearing so relaxed and vulnerable to the peace. He lied his head back down, sighed and closed his eyes.
"I love Fall."