chapter ten ⇾ self dependent

Summer shrieked as ice cold water was dumped on her, dropping the sponge she held in her hand

Turning around to face the boy in front her, she pursed her lips.
Jake held his stomach, barely breathing from how much he was laughing.

Summer rose her eyebrows. "Mhm. Keep laughing."

Jake wiped tears from his eyes. "That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. You jumped like six feet in the air. I think I'm gonna call you frog lady."

Summer put her hand on her hip. "So what should I call you? Toad man?"

Jake laughed again. "The terrible twosome of the swamp. I love it."

Summer chuckled, shaking her head and turning back around. Jake had called her over to his house earlier in the day, asking if she wanted to help him wash his truck. She disagreed at first, wanting to stay in bed while catching up on Grey's Anatomy, but eventually agreed when Jake said he'd buy her ice cream if she helped him. Jake had been hiding something from Summer all morning, he and Will were going to blackmail Mayor Maddox later in the day, after Summer left Jakes house.  Will's stomach was twisting as he laid in his bed back at home, thoughts if how the event could take a sharp bad turn running through his head.

Jake watched Summer as she wiped down a spot on his car, cleaning off remains of the red paint that used to be on it. Throwing down his sponge, Jake ran forward, wrapping his arms around Summer's body, lifting her up off the ground, ignored her protests, and jumped into the pool.

Summer came above water with a glare. "Are you serious? I don't have any extra clothes."

Jake swam over to Summer, grabbing her legs and wrapping them around his waist. "You can borrow one of my shirts. They fit you like a dress anyways." He shrugged. "Or just don't wear any." He wiggled his eyebrows.

Summer flicked his nose, leaning forward and attaching her lips to his. Jake took them underwater, not breaking the kiss.

 Jake took them underwater, not breaking the kiss