The Joker

Harleen was watching nervously as Dr. Arkham was reading her report from Deadshot. His face wasn't showing any emotions at all. He finally looked at her and lowered his glasses.
"You have done a great job,Doctor Quinzel. I am impressed."
Harleen smiled and let out the breath she was holding. Doctor Arkham put the documents back into the folder and passed it to her. She took it and held it to her chest in joy.
"Thank you so much, Doctor Arkham. It really means a lot to me."
He gave her a slight smile then stood up and went to the cupboard where the reports on the patients were held.
"And since you've been doing so well, I will assign a new patient to you. After all Poison Ivy will be out of here in a couple of days and you will have some free time on your hands."
He started looking through the documents. Harleen wondered about her new patient. Who can it be? It couldn't be.... Or could it?
"Here it is." Her boss held a folder proudly in front of her face.
She took it and opened on the first page. She stood shocked for a couple of seconds looking at the photo. It couldn't be.
"Doctor Arkham, are you sure you didn't give me the wrong file?"
"Is there some kind of a problem,Doctor Quinzel?" He raised his eyebrows clearly offended.
Harleen stood speechless before finally realising that this was not a joke. She quickly thanked him and got out of the office before he could change his mind. She walked happily gripping Jokers file for dear life. It was hard to believe this was actually happening to her.
"Well, I guess we will see each other sooner than I expected." She smiled as she read his schedule. He had a session with her in less than an hour.
"Doctor Quinzel?" Someone called behind her.
She turned around to see commissioner Gordon. She had seen him before on the news. He was probably there because of the Joker, but what business did he have with her?
"Can I help you?" She asked walking towards him.
"Well I would like to have a few words with you. It's about the Joker."
She immediately got a heavy feeling in her chest. What were they going to do to him?
"I've heard that you are his new psychiatrist. I just wanted to give you a friendly advice. He is extremely manipulative and shouldn't be trusted at all. Be very careful with him."
Harleen narrowed her eyes at him.
"I think I am the doctor. Don't tell me how to treat my patients. I think I've studied enough for this."
She was so angry that he was underestimating her. Why did he think she could not handle the Joker?
"I strongly recommend to be careful with him, Doctor Quinzel. That's all. I did not come here to offend you."
"But that was just what you did."
With that Harleen turned around and walked away, leaving him standing in the middle of the hallway.
When she was back at her office she sat behind her desk and rested her head on her hands. What a day. And it was not even halfway over yet. She closed her eyes trying to make the headache dissappear but instead fell asleep.
When Harleen opened her eyes her head was on the desk and she felt really confused for a moment. Then one look at the clock send her running through the asylum. She was late! For the first session with her new patient...
When she finally reached the room in which the Joker was held, she got stopped by a group of five policeman demanding to check if she was really Harleen Quinzel. After about 10 minutes of searching for things hidden in her pockets they finally opened the door. The first thing that she saw was that there were more officers inside. And in the middle of the room the Joker sat with his restraining jacket. When she entered he turned his head towards her and smiled. As if he had expected her.
"Would you leave us alone,please?" Harleen turned to the officer that was nearest to her.
"Doctor,this is a dangerous criminal,it is not safe for you to be alone in a room with him."
"He is a dangerous criminal in a restraining jacket. How about you let me do my job and ill let you do yours?"
They left the room mumbling about how crazy she was and how she should have seen him without it. Well Harleen wouldn't mind actually. At least they got that right.
When they were finally alone she turned around to face him. He was still looking at her with that smile on his face.
"Well you sure know how to make an entrance." The Joker said and then started laughing at his own joke.

(A/N: Hey,everyone! So in the next chapter there will be some more action between Harleen and the Joker. So if you liked it please rate or leave a comment. Thanks for reading and see ya in the next chapter. <3)