New friends

After work Harleen dropped off the letter from Deadshot to the apartment where his daughter lived. There was nobody home but she left it on the doormat and left.
She couldn't stop thinking about the Joker. The way he looked at her... And those green eyes. They were haunting her. The tightness in her chest haven't left her and she knew that sleeping would be nearly impossible. Just when she was about to park her car her phone rang. Harleen looked at the clock and frowned. It was nearly midnight. Who could it be?
She searched for the phone in her bag for some time. When she finally found it she picked it up,not really looking at the number.
"Hello?" She said with a shaky voice.
"Hey, Harleen! It's Pamela."
The doctor let out a heavy sigh and leaned on the car seat.
"Pam, you scared me. When did they let you go? You were supposed to be in there for one more week."
"Well you know. Good behaviour." She said that mockingly. "So I am on my way to a night club to celebrate my return. Wanna tag along?"
Harleen didn't even wonder on this one.
"Oh sorry, Pam. Night clubs are not really my thing."
"Come on! You will have fun. And if you don't you can go home whenever you want to."
She thought about it. Sleep was not going to come to her anyway so why not? Pamela was the closest she had to a friend anyway.
"Where is this club?"
Pamela squealed happily at her words.
"Don't you worry. I'll come and get you. Just get ready."
"Okay..."
Pamela hang up the phone and with that Harleen was left in the silence of the night.
"Well not for long." She thought out loud.

Harleen was searching through her wardrobe for something to wear. She had so many clothes but most where for work not for night clubs.
"Great... I have nothing to wear."
Just then someone knocked on her door.
She stood up and went to let Pamela in.
As always the redhead looked astonishing. She wore a tight,dark green dress and her long hair was down in big curls. She looked like a model from a magazine cover.
Pamela hugged Harleen and backed away with a frown.
"Why are you not ready yet?"
"Well... I have a little problem." Harleen looked at her friend feeling very guilty. "I don't have anything to wear."
Harleen expected that Pamela would get mad or something similar but the woman just laughed at her statement.
"Oh honey, I already thought about this."
She handed Harleen a box with a green bow on it.
"Consider it a gift for being the best psychiatrist." She smiled happily.
Harley opened it and stared at the beautiful red dress in it.
"Oh no,Pam. I can't accept this! It must be so expensive..."
"Yes you can. And you will." Pamela smiled brightly at her. "Now try it on!"
After some minutes of fumbling around, Harleen finally showed herself to Pamela. The dress was much shorter than usual and it clung to her body showing everything.
"Oh my God... You look amazing!" Pamela nearly screamed.
"I don't know, Pam. If anyone from work see me in this is may lose my job..."
"Oh don't worry. I'm sure that your colleagues don't go where I will take you." Her friend stood up and grabbed her arm. "Now come on. They are waiting for us..."
"What?? Who is waiting for us?" Harleen tried to ask but Pamela was already dragging her out of her apartment and towards the stairs.

After about 20 minutes they were in a flashy club filled with beautiful girl and obviously rich guys. It was decorated beautifully with gold and deep purple.
"This place is so fancy!" Harleen screamed to Pamela over the loud music.
"Oh you like it? Guess who it belongs to."
Pamela flashed a smile at her confused face.
"It belongs to the clown prince of crime himself."
Harleen almost choked at that. It seemed like everything in her life came down to that man somehow.
"Well it sure is his style." She mumbled to herself.
She looked around the club and noticed a beautiful woman dressed in all black coming towards them. She had never seen her before but Pamela obviously knew her from the warm hug they shared. She was tall and moved so gracefully. Harleen couldn't help but think that she moved a lot like a wild cat. Graceful but very dangerous. The lady looked over to Harleen with her bright green eyes.
"Oh you two haven't met! Harleen this is Selina. Selina this is Harleen." Pamela almost screamed.
Selina smiled and shook Harleen's hand.
"So nice to finally meet you. Pamela talks so much about you."
Her voice was smooth and so easy to listen to. It almost distracted Harleen.
"Yeah,nice to meet you too!"
"So you ladies don't seem to have enough fun." Selina said and waved to the barman. "Let's drink some shots. To get to know each other." She said while the barman put in front of them three little glasses full with a bright green substance.
"To new friends." Selina said and drank her first glass.
Harleen knew very well that she shouldn't drink but that night a voice appeared in her head. It was fighting all her safe decisions with full strength and it was winning. She grabbed the alcohol and drank it. It immediately made her head feel light and she frowned.
"Oh don't worry,honey. You'll get used to it." Selina smiled and took her second glass.
Pamela was behind them dancing with a tall heavily tattooed guy and it seemed like she was having a lot of fun.
Selina put the second glass in front of Harleen.
"Come on drink it. It will help you relax."
Harleen took the little glass hesitantly.
"Oh come on! Let's have some fun!" Selina smiled and finished hers.
"Okay..." Harleen shut her eyes and drank.
She almost fell from her chair from that one. It was so strong.
"Let's dance." Selina pulled her hand and Harleen stumbled behind her to the dance floor. Her new friend started dancing so gracefully and seductively that it made the doctor feel so unattractive. But then Selina turned around and started dancing chest to chest with Harleen.
"We have an audience. Let's give them a show they will never forget." She whispered to Harleen.
With one look around her blue eyes found a group of guys that were staring at them. Harleen had seen them before on the news. They worked for the Joker. She smiled slyly and started dancing with Selina.

After some more shots Harleen was somehow on top of a table dancing like it was the last night if her existence. Everyone was watching her body move seductively to the beat. She didn't even know she could dance like that! Little did she know that the Joker was watching her from his cell in Arkham Asylum. One part of him was amused at her sudden show of confidence but another was looking at the men watching her with something called jealousy. But he would never admit that.