Oreo Caramel Walnut Bars

Ingredients:
Crust:
-20 Oreo cookies
-2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Filling:
-1 cup chopped walnuts
-2 cups granulated sugar
-2/3 cup heavy cream
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 stick unsalted butter
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Topping:
-4 tablespoons unsalted butter
-4 ounces semisweet chocolate
-2 teaspoons corn syrup

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil, leaving an overhang on all sides.
Crust:
In the bowl of a food processor pulse the Oreo cookies until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until moistened. Press the mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes then remove, leaving the oven on.
Filling:
Place the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven for 7 minutes. Remove and turn off the oven. In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium heat, cook the sugar and ½ cup water, stirring gently, until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Allow to boil without stirring until the mixture turns a deep amber color. You want as deep of a color as possible without scorching. Immediately remove the pan from the heat. Carefully pour the cream into the mixture, using caution as the caramel will bubble up and will be scorching hot. Stir in the vanilla and butter. Return to low heat and stir until the butter has melted and the mixture is no longer bubbling. Stir in the salt. Let cool for 5 minutes before stirring in the toasted walnuts. Pour the caramel walnut mixture over the Oreo crust. Transfer to the fridge and chill for 1 hour.
Topping:
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine all the topping ingredients. Microwave on high in 30-second bursts, stirring between bursts, until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate evenly over the chilled caramel filling. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight if you need to make ahead. Cut into 16 squares and serve. The bars are best served immediately after slicing.