Hershey's Acorns

These are perfect for a Halloween treat. If you want to hand them out, place them in individual bags and tie the top closed.

Ingredients:
-ROYAL ICING or Decorator's Frosting (recipe follows)
-HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
-Mini vanilla wafer cookies
-REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips or HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips

Ingredients:
Prepare royal icing and place in a pastry bag with a small tip. Remove the wrappers from the milk chocolates. Place the mini vanilla wafer cookies on a tray or plate with the flat side of the cookie toward the top. Squeeze a small amount of icing onto the bottom of the milk chocolate piece. Immediately press the chocolate bottom onto the vanilla wafer cookie. Allow the icing to set. Place a small dab of icing on the bottom of a peanut butter or butterscotch chip; immediately attach to the top of cookie to finish acorn.

Royal Icing: Stir together 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon warm water and 1-1/2 teaspoons pasteurized dried egg whites (meringue powder). Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until spreadable. Add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to get desired consistency. Transfer icing to pastry bag with desired tip. Cover icing and tip of pastry bag with damp paper towel to keep icing from drying out. About 1/2 cup icing.