13 | Trouble

Emily POV

The Downtown Fiction were now doing their set. It took my mind off of the song I had just heard. I sighed at the thought. Why did he do it? What made him think that it was okay? That I'll never figure it out?

Before I could storm out of the venue there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned facing one of the guys from Marianas Trench. Matt Webb. Holy shit.

"Sorry if I'm bothering you but I dropped a guitar pick somewhere around here. Mind helping me look?"

He was actually talking to me.

"Sure."

We both got on our knees but nothing.

"Oh here it is!" he picked it up. "Thanks for helping."

I just nodded my head.

"Can I get a picture? Me and my boyfriend are huge fans."

"Of course."

I took the picture.

"Thanks so much."

"No problem." he started to walk off but stopped and made his way in front of me again. "Here. You keep it." he placed the pick in my hand.

"Are you serious?"

"Yup."

"Thanks so so much!"

"No biggy I have about a thousand of them. Have a good night." he walked off again.

I felt like I was in a dream. My mood boosted up that was for sure. The guys finished their set.

"That was awesome!" I yelled over the screaming crowd.

"Yea we know." Cameron winked.

Eric and David went off back to the dressing room to get their stuff ready to leave. Cameron and I stood there watching all of the crowd disappear with smiles on their faces. It brought back memories of my first concert. Linkin Park. Best night ever!

It started to get quiet in the venue. "Do you guys leave right away or?"

"We usually wait till it dies down so we know that we can make it to the bus without getting torn apart." he smirked.

"Makes sense. Fans do get a little bit crazy."

"You have fans?"

"No." I laughed. "My boyfriend is in a boyband so... yea."

"Boyband huh?"

"Yup. How else did you think I got into The Wanted's party?"

"You're gorgeous."

I felt my face turn hot at the compliment. "Thanks, but not how it went."

"What boyband?"

"Midnight Red."

"Doesn't ring a bell."

"Take me home?"

"Nah. Sorry."

"It's cool."

As soon as the venue was empty I walked out into the middle of the stage. Curiosity I guess. The lights were still on, brightening the stage.

"Ever wanted to perform?" he asked coming up behind me.

"Not vocally. I wanted to be a backup dancer for a famous singer."

"Dancing huh?"

"Yup!"

"You know you still owe me that dance."