24 | Sorry

It was the next day after work. At the last minute Joey decided it was going to be a guys night. The EP is finished and they wanted to celebrate. I didn't mind but of course Thomas had to make sure that was true.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?" Thomas asked for the third time. The guys were already piled in the car waiting on him.

"You deserve to have some fun. Don't I get boring sometimes?"

He laughed. "Never."

"Well I want you to go. That's an order."

"Fine." he gave me quick kiss before going off to the car. I didn't tell him about seeing Avery. He'd probably want to come. That would be a mess.

"C'mon Emily! Let's go." Julie yelled from the car.

<>

I got home and grabbed my keys for my car before walking back downstairs. Julie blocked my way.

"Where do you think you're going?" she rose an eyebrow.

"Out."

"You can't drive."

I rolled my eyes. "You're acting like Thomas. Please move."

"No. If you want go somewhere I'll drive you."

"You don't wanna go where I'm going."

"Where is that exactly?"

"Julie can we not argue?"

"Who said we were arguing? We're just talking."

"Fine. I'm going to Avery's."

"Does Thomas know?"

"Of course not. He'd want to tag along."

"Well so do I."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. I don't have to go inside. I'll just sit in the car. Okay?"

"Let's just go."

<>

We arrived at the house.

"Sure you don't want me to come inside?"

"Positive Julie." I opened the car and made my way up to the house. After knocking I felt sudden guilt. I thought about running back to the car but the door opened.

"Emmie." he smiled and I forced one back before walking in. He closed the door. The silence was killing me.

"So." he began. "Go on and say it."

"Say what?" I turned around.

"That you told me so."

"You know that's not me."

"I know, so I'll say it for you. You told me so! You warned me and I didn't listen. I guess I just thought she could've been the one. So I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm sorry you felt that way about the wrong person. You deserve so much better."

"Thanks for always being there." he surprised me with a hug.

"We're bestfriends. Why wouldn't I be?"

He pulled away. "You're welcome to stay for dinner if you'd like."

"No thanks. I have to get going now. By the way you're invited to Thomas's surprise party next week on Friday. It's a surprise so shut up."

He laughed. "Awesome. Just text me the details."

"You betcha." I went outside and got into the car.