Chapter 13~Betrayal?

Tobins POV-Time skip: 3 weeks

After what happened between Alex and I that night.. these next weeks have been... interesting.

Surely this woman was confused on what the hell she wanted. It's like one day, she was literally getting touchy flirty with me, and the next she was distant. It's like she wanted to get close to me, emotionally, but was testing if it was easier to be without me or try something with me. I don't know if I liked it.

It's not that I didn't want her to get close with me.. it's just, I didn't want to be used just so she could experiment. I didn't want to get close to her just so she could leave me and decide she didn't want me. It's like she's playing a game with me. She wants me to chase her or something. And I quite honestly was getting tired of it.

Today was the first day I was getting back to school, and to say I was scared was an understatement.

I didn't know what type of reactions I was going to receive, and if it was harassment, I don't know how much my body could handle before breaking more than it already was.

I still had stitches and bruises, bruises both externally and internally on my bones, but i was going to be fine.

I walk into school, receiving the normal looks of disgust, some of shock, and others.. I couldn't read. But nobody came for me, which I was grateful for.

But just as quick as the looks came, they were gone as nobody paid much attention to me, but I didn't mind it.

I make my way to my locker, waiting for someone to come say something, push me to the lockers, or something, but nothing came... that was until a girl approached me.

"Hey, you're Tobin right?" She asks. She was a quite short, no older than 17, a nice tan with brown eyes and straightened hair in a pony tail. She had a light smile on her face when I slowly nodded. If this was another trick, I wasn't falling for it.

"My name is malary, Um I met your friend Lexa a few weeks, just about a month ago, and I wanted to say, I'm sorry that stuff happened to you. You seem like a misunderstood and unappreciated person around here and I don't like that. From what she's told me you sound like someone who's just trying to make it in life.. and I admire that. I don't want to ramble, but I just wanted to meet you in person.. it was a pleasure." She says, walking away leaving me speechless.

This... wait what just happened?

A girl approaches me out of nowhere actually wanting to see who I was.. weird.

But nonetheless generous, for sure a nice way to start my morning.

--

The day goes by slower than ever but finally, the dismissal bell rings as the teacher dismisses us to leave, and I make my way to my locker, putting my books into my locker, grabbing my book bag, keys, and wallet before heading to the exit but quickly stopping as I see Alex talking with... servando, just in hearing range right around the corner as I hide behind the wall.

"So I heard the bitch is back." He says taking a says to Alex, but they don't notice me of course.

"Who Tobin? Ah, yeah she's back." Alex says chuckling but servando scoffs.